I currently have a BB 8703e from Verizon. My brother and sister-in-law just had a ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

OcularBoss3 no está en línea Stack level 1

Verizon BB Pearl 8130

Advertisement

I currently have a BB 8703e from Verizon. My brother and sister-in-law just had a baby girl on Friday I want to switch to the Pearl for a camera and to be able to receive pictures in good quality. My 8703e has bad picture quality and cannot take pictures. Anyone know any reviews on the Pearl 8130? And any ideas on how to get one at a discounted price? Thanks. Or suggestions for a BB with awesome camera / picture sharing are welcome.

doughdaddy no está en línea Device Pro

Re: Verizon BB Pearl 8130

I can give you a review, I have one I bought when they came out and love it so much I got my wife hooked on one last week too (a pink one no less). The camera is as good as any other 2 MG pixel camera out there and they can be easily emailed or uploaded online after taking them. As far as discounts, see if you company offers one. The only way I know of is to get a new plan.

dvst8ion no está en línea Stack level 3

I would have to agree with doughdaddy. I have had the 7250, 7130, 8703, 8830 and now the Pearl. I love it. The camera is good which sounds like something that you are looking for. Some of the cons are the memory leak problems which are act intentional accrodding to RIM's site. You can fix this by doing an OS update to the US Cellular or the Altel OS's which seem to have a better grasp on memory managment. The sure-type keyboard on this phone is a little different than BB's in the past but it only takes a couple days to get used to and you'll be in action in no time. The phone is great I think you would be happy with the upgrade.

doughdaddy no está en línea Device Pro

Quote Originally Posted by dvst8ion View Post
    Some of the cons are the memory leak problems which are act intentional accrodding to RIM's site.
    I don't want t hijack the thread but can you please PM me the info on this..

Im looking for it I am out of town I may need to post for you when i get back home but ill see if I can find it

pritty sure the info is on this page but I don't have Adobe on this PC so I'll check again in a few days to make sure that its correct.

http://www.blackberry.com/knowledgec...reless+Devices

Pstone no está en línea Stack level 2

If the memory leaks does that mean the battery is gonna explode and kill me like the LG batteries do?? haha, keeping on track... The pearl's camera is actually really good. In low light situations the flash works really well which I was pretty amazed because I've never had good luck with flashes on camera phones. I'll think you'll be very pleased if you decide to make the switch.
    You Motorboat'n SOB!

I love my Pearl more than any other BB I have had to date!!

OcularBoss3 no está en línea Stack level 1

Thank you everyone. I looked at the Pearl in a store today and I'll be purchasing as soon as I get some $ together. Thanks for the input
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Any time time! Welcome to the stacks!
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~