I was just forced to "upgrade" my VZNavigator for my pearl and now it doesn't ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

nickjoedotcom no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    30C1D19D

Verizon 8130 VZNavigator Upgrade?

Advertisement

I was just forced to "upgrade" my VZNavigator for my pearl and now it doesn't seem to work properly. The voice function no longer works. And now the program won't run in the background. Normally when I pushed the exit button it would take me to the home screen and it would just keep working until I needed to look at it again. Now it closes the Navigator.

So other 8130 verizon users if you are having the same issue please say something! I'll be calling CS to get this fixed

cliffr39 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    317ASKME

Re: Verizon 8130 VZNavigator Upgrade?

I don't know what to say other than report it to Verizon (which you are doing).. perhaps this new version isn't ready for "prime time". Just a good thing it didn't corrupt your BB and force you to wipe/reload

keep us up to date

PIN/ID
    30C1D19D

You are right about that. That would have been extremely depressing!~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

garypip no está en línea Stack level 3

Same problem here, I went to options->security->applications->vznavigator->edit permissions->interations -> changed all to Allow.

Had to do this with tech support to get it working in the first place last week.

HTH

Gary

Flashpass no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by garypip View Post
    Same problem here, I went to options->security->applications->vznavigator->edit permissions->interations -> changed all to Allow.

Had to do this with tech support to get it working in the first place last week.

HTH

Gary

Ah hah! This is what's causing the problem I'm having with not getting sound on my VZ Navigator and other apps. I have a post about this just a few threads down. Thanks for the post garypip, worked like a charm.

When trying to figure out the problem I stared at that option wondering if it would make a difference, then decided against it haha. I think I may now change the default permissions for apps I download in the future as there are 3 applications currently running without sound.

Thanks again,
    Daniel

LPTruth no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    PM me

I've used this app a lot since I've gotten my Pearl. I used it to guide me to Chicago a couple weeks ago and with the first version I noticed that from my local airport all the way to Chicago it wouldn't tell me what street to turn on as if it didn't know the name of it, only the location! Now it knows them all! It's great!

Besides the knowledge of the street names, the only other feature I've noticed so far that's different is the way it shuts down. Now when I exit the app, it doesn't act like Vista and ask me if I'm sure I want to exit it! It just shuts down! Both cool and not! I like being able to exit the app and have it run in the back ground while I'm BBMing (not while driving obviously! ) or talking on the phone. I haven't been able to have that with the new version... but I haven't checked the options yet either!

Over all, great feature that's worth the monthly fee IMO. My kids love it too!

One option I would love to have on it is to change the voice of that annoying lady!

two thumbs up!
    www.BlackLightThemes.com
    Free Ringtones, Wallpapers and Themes
    www.BBIconStore.com
    Make your new theme Pop with new Icons

PIN/ID
    30C1D19D

You can! The voice options are David and Michelle. Go to menu when you start the app the scroll down to navigation. The top choice is the voice so scroll to the right to change it! ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    30C1D19D

Okay I found a fancy workaround on how to use other applications while the Navigator is running.

Instead of pressing the red phone button press the green phone button. This takes you to your call log. Then from there press the menu button and scroll down to switch applications. Obviously from here you know what to do. While its not fast it does work! And sometimes that's all that matters. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

LPTruth no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    PM me

Quote Originally Posted by nickjoedotcom View Post
    Okay I found a fancy workaround on how to use other applications while the Navigator is running.

Instead of pressing the red phone button press the green phone button. This takes you to your call log. Then from there press the menu button and scroll down to switch applications. Obviously from here you know what to do. While its not fast it does work! And sometimes that's all that matters. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Awesome! Good call Nick... as far as the voice, I'd almost rather have Michelle than David! I was looking for a nicer, more pleasant Michelle! I've heard on TomToms you can download other voices.. more... shall we say, more pleasing voices, as well as popular personalities.

Anyway, thanks for the green button option!
    www.BlackLightThemes.com
    Free Ringtones, Wallpapers and Themes
    www.BBIconStore.com
    Make your new theme Pop with new Icons

PIN/ID
    30C1D19D

I haven't tried Davids voice but I'll agree that Michelle's is rather unpleasant ha! More options though good luck with Verizon ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

cfrench no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Ok here is how you leave it in the background on the 8830. When you have vz nav going, hold down alt key and then hit the back key and you will bring up all the places you can go on your phone. I like vz nav because we finally have nav but I have noticed living in iowa any way. Soon as I leave des moines and travel to small towns for work. (Vz nav has to use verizon cell sites to access vz nav maps so it doesn't work.) I can use it on the way out of town but not back. That sucks.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~