Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I have tried these different version of the Desktop Manager software, uninstalled, reinstalled, etc. It ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

sk6mix no está en línea Stack level 1

Verizon 8130 Theme Download problem!!

Advertisement

I have tried these different version of the Desktop Manager software, uninstalled, reinstalled, etc. It still keeps giving me the infamous message: No additional applications for your device found. Can someone help me? Are the themes available on this site only for the 8100?

BusyME no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    31C7A695

Re: Verizon 8130 Theme Download problem!!

Quote Originally Posted by sk6mix View Post
    I have tried these different version of the Desktop Manager software, uninstalled, reinstalled, etc. It still keeps giving me the infamous message: No additional applications for your device found. Can someone help me? Are the themes available on this site only for the 8100?
    IN ADDITION to installing the desktop manager, you also need to install the current phone software onto your PC. It's available from your phone provider as a free download.

I found all the answers I needed doing a search for "No additional applications for your device found"

firegeek no está en línea Stack level 3

No. Make sure that you extract all files after you download. I was having the same problem yesterday with the new Leopard theme and figured that one out. Hope this helps.
    Firegeek......and crackberry addict

sk6mix no está en línea Stack level 1

I installed the additional software, then went back and tried to load a theme.........got the same message. Should I reinstall the desktop manager again? Also, I have both files extracted into a specific BB folder on my desktop.

BUGGY5632 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    3181037F

I am having the same problem. I have an 8130 from sprint. I even tried to do themes OTA with negative results.

mindgames62 no está en línea Stack level 1

Having this issue also I have tried to download the software but it times out. Using US Cellular 3120

beeshabo no está en línea Stack level 6

I've had that problem before...But I don't think you have to download the phone software to your PC

Just try to save the extracted files into a different location, ex: Documents, Pictures, Music or Video Folders...

Then after you've extracted the files, do a reboot of your PC and Phone!! then re-try the installation process

Hope this helps!!

timr413 no está en línea Stack level 1

nothing is working for me. i simply want to put a theme on my phone and i cant. is there an ota link that WORKS? no ota links work here...

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    Quote Originally Posted by timr413 View Post
    nothing is working for me. i simply want to put a theme on my phone and i cant. is there an ota link that WORKS? no ota links work here...
    Which theme are you trying to download?

lysshklc no está en línea Stack level 1

What does extract files mean? And how do we go about doing it?

BBerry07 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by lysshklc View Post
    What does extract files mean? And how do we go about doing it?
    When you download the file it will be a zip file. You need to open it and take the .alx and .cod files out of it befor your dm will find it to load.

Simmp no está en línea Stack level 1
    i too have the same problem. I have reinstalled Dm a few times and keep getting the same error message " No additional applications desinged for your device found." I have a verizon wireless Blackberry Pearl CDMA V4.3.0.60 platform 3.1.0.31. what to do next? anybody?
    Last edited by Simmp; 03-14-2008 at 05:37 PM.

bloock no está en línea Stack level 1
    OK, I actually found these answers here at PinStack when I first ran into this problem, but for the life of me, I can't find the thread, so I'm going to give it a shot and try to explain... try to follow.

***EDIT*** (five minutes later) just after I posted this I found the thread. Go figure.
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...ere_found.html
    ***END EDIT***

Go to this site:
    http://na.blackberry.com/eng/support...load_sites.jsp

Choose your Carrier from the list. (i.e. mine is Verizon, so that's the steps, but you need to follow for your carrier).

The link for Verizon on the page above takes me to Verizon Wireless website. This gives me the option of Personal Email or Corporate Email. (this confused me at first, but just click Personal Email if you are setting this up for your personal use)

The next page asks me what Blackberry I have. I choose 8130 from the drop down list.

The next page comes up with some options:
    BlackBerry Desktop Software v4.3
    BlackBerry Device Software v4.3 <-------- (this is what you are missing)
    VZAccess Manager

Enter your verizon phone number and click the Download Now button.

It's a big file, but you gotta have it.
    Install it to your PC **ALONG WITH** the Desktop Software that came with your phone... you are getting the error message, so you already have the Desktop software.

You may wanna reboot the PC, or not I'm not sure it matters, I think mine worked immediatly. You should be good to go.
    As the others said, if you are downloading themes, make sure you unzip them before you try to add them to the list.

Good Luck!
    Branden
    Last edited by bloock; 03-14-2008 at 07:25 PM.

Simmp no está en línea Stack level 1
    thankx man I'm gonna try this as soon as i can thank you very much for your help and time

smulio no está en línea Stack level 1

Good solution

Thanks Branden for a nicely described solution. This worked perfectly for my verizon 8130 having the same issue described in this thread.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast