So I'm trying to set up one of my gf's gmail address on her 8130 ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

joeya7 no está en línea Stack level 2

Verizon 8130 having gmail problem

Advertisement

So I'm trying to set up one of my gf's gmail address on her 8130 and its giving me a problem. "An error occurred during email validation" I've changed the password enable pop then tried doing it with IMAP enable. Also tried doing it from the handheld. Still came up with the same error message. I was able to get one of her other gmail address set up with no problem. Any ideas would be great thx

fritter no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

Re: Verizon 8130 having gmail problem

have you tried using mail by google just to see if this would work for the 2nd gmail account?

http://m.google.com/a

bartokbatt no está en línea Stack level 4

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Joeya7 - I had the same problem a while back. Two Gmail accounts worked fine through BIS and one that had previously worked fine ceased to work. I verified that everything was set up correctly and that the password was correct - still it wouldn't work.

no matter what I did it wouldn't work. I then did as fritter suggests and used the client for months.

Then one day the BIS connection for this account just started working! Apparently there was a RIM server setting that only periodically gets reset. When RIM changed this setting I immediately started getting email. The setting was not specific to my BIS account but seemd to cure issues for lots of people that day.

Its poddible that this same type of issue is affwcting you.

I wish you all the best.

joeya7 no está en línea Stack level 2

thanks for the help guys I was playing around with the BIS today and it took so everything is working fine now. Any word if gmail will ever fix the problem with sending mail coming in as new mail? So we wont have to have the filters.

applejosh no está en línea Stack level 3

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I'm guessing they consider it a feature so that all messages can be saved on the desktop client. I'm sure they'll get complaints from someone if they remove that. Darned if you do and darned if you don't. Plus it's not that hard to put in a filter, as long as we don't have to delete and re-add accounts to fix problems that often.