I've been thinking about retiring my 8703e for the 8130 from Verizon. Of course Verizon ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

jniowa no está en línea Stack level 2

Verizon 8130 GPS Question

Advertisement

I've been thinking about retiring my 8703e for the 8130 from Verizon. Of course Verizon cripples the GPS out of the box but is it possible to unlock it? Ok this is like fourth hand but still, I read on another forum that a Verizon sales rep said if you buy $2 GPS option it will "unlock" the gps on the phone and then it is possible to use 3rd party gps programs. Is this true? Side note totally subjective, is the 8130 worth upgrading to or is it worth it to wait and see what they will come out with next?

cwax no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    32DEF7BB

Re: Verizon 8130 GPS Question

The GPS on the 8130 is enabled out of the box. But I've only used Blackberry Maps, and VZ Navigator with it

lindycu no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    319BDB8B

I am not aware of it working out of box. Had to buy VZ nav option, 9.99 a month. Can you pm or post link on 2 a month option? I did not see that option online. I would prefer to use a 3rd party app versus Verizon app

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

jniowa no está en línea Stack level 2

I guess I wasn't totally accurate on the $2 option. Verizon's website said there is a $2.99 option that is good for 24 hours. Here is the link where I found that info:

http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/s...turnbyturn.jsp

if the link doesn't work, I just copied at pasted it from my browser, I just googled VZ Navigator and it took me the Verizon page.