Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

are you sure the os you have installed is for your device? if not you ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

ealvnv no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ask me

Advertisement

are you sure the os you have installed is for your device?
    if not you can check here for it...
    When i say i have Bold family phones, I meant it, from the older to the younger, even the unborn ;)

here_miah no está en línea Stack level 3
    oh thank god! I was really hoping to hear from you! you saved my arse the last time I did this sharade!

I'm running 4.7 on vista home premium
    Tilt is fun with WM 6.1, but not enough to kill the need for my nw iPhone 3Gs!!!

PIN/ID
    ask me
    i had no issues with 4.7 but some people have a lot, so you can try using 4.6
    When i say i have Bold family phones, I meant it, from the older to the younger, even the unborn ;)

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    I am on Vista on my desktop and have no issue with 4.7 but it seems others have. So I have to agree 4.6 or lower would be my choice.

Hey, since I have vista do i need to run the installer.exe in compatibility (XP SP2) mode in order for everything to work? I never did get the install accomplished yesterday and I'm about on my last nerve...

I just downgraded to DM 4.5 or 4.6 and I just finished downloading the 4.5.0.81 East Asia (Voda&Aust) for my 8110 Pearl, and I havent even started trying anything yet because I'm scared and nervous about the whole thing...
    Tilt is fun with WM 6.1, but not enough to kill the need for my nw iPhone 3Gs!!!

PIN/ID
    ask me
    right click on the loader.exe file and run as administrator if that doesnt work then run in compatibility mode...

I did all that yesterday with DM 4.7 and it kept telling me that "The Desktop Manager has not found any Device Software suitable for your device", will the new DM make the difference?

I DL'd the 8110 software for my 8110 directly from the BB website so what is the problem?

https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...DE42AA3&step=4

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by here_miah View Post
    I did all that yesterday with DM 4.7 and it kept telling me that "The Desktop Manager has not found any Device Software suitable for your device", will the new DM make the difference?

I DL'd the 8110 software for my 8110 directly from the BB website so what is the problem?

https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...DE42AA3&step=4
    Have you tried again after Uninstalling 4.7?

no...not yet

PIN/ID
    ask me
    give it a try....

there is currently NO OS on my 8110, do I go straight to the app loader and do it that way, or will the DM now pick up the fresh install?

PIN/ID
    ask me
    try DM if you want if that doesnt work go straight to the loader.exe, is up to you

FINALLY!!!! YAHOO!!!!!!!! YEAH!!!!! \\\:-)

The whole time I was trying to do this from my Laptop, and the SECOND i tried it on my Desktop (with DM 4.7 BTW) the AppLoader found it and it is installing right now!!! 4.5.0.81 for the 8110 on its way to my little FrankenBerry right now!!!

Thanks so much to you AWESOME contributers and a special thanks to Modern, you always have saved my arse!!

***MUAH!!!***

PIN/ID
    ask me
    let us know hows going

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Since I never have issues with my laptop when doing installs, I never thought to ask. The latest release of 4.7 doesn't seem to have the issues that a lot of user had complained about in the original release. I have always used 4.7 with no issue.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast