I have seen in allot of other posts, people are advised to delete the vender ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

kennedy_84 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    302403B0

Question Vender axe file in 8130

Advertisement

I have seen in allot of other posts, people are advised to delete the vender axe file. what will that do and where do you find it on an 8130?

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Do you mean the vendor xml file?

Deleting the vendor xml file is only for if you are upgrading your BlackBerry's software and using one from another carrier, for example putting a Verizon 8130 software package on an Alltel 8130. It is not something you find on the phone itself, but in the apploader file of the software/OS package that you would download to your PC. Once downloaded it can be found in C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader

Upgrading to a newer version is best from your own carrier, however sometimes issues with your device can be helped by an upgrade and if none is available from your carrier then a newer one from another carrier may do the trick. This is when deleting the vendor xml is needed.

Here are a couple of threads that talk about upgrading and what the newest device OS/Software packages are:

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com/blog.php?b=86

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...ad.php?t=34693

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...rade_your.html

Hope this helps, if not, just post back and someone will try to help you out
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

firegeek no está en línea Stack level 3
    I was trying to upgrade to the Sprint OS and could not find the vendor XML file in the usual place. Any idea where it might be hiding? I deleted the only xml file on there and no luck. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Hmmm, I thought it was in the same spot for all of them based on what I've read and what I've tried........but I've never used a Sprint one.....hmmmm

You're sure you went to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader ???
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

kennedy_84 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    302403B0
    Thanks for the info Azstar.

ItsNowOrNever no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    Quote Originally Posted by firegeek View Post
    I was trying to upgrade to the Sprint OS and could not find the vendor XML file in the usual place. Any idea where it might be hiding? I deleted the only xml file on there and no luck. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

DID you use "search" on your PC and plug in "vendor.xml" or even "*.xml"....

If you can't find it, chances are you may have just downloaded the OS to the computer and not installed it. make sure it's installed and see what happens. Delete the OS and reload it to the PC....

Good luck!
    Color---it's nothing but a hue of the rainbow...why do people place such importance in it?