My brother just gave me a Blackberry Pearly 8100. It is an ATT/Cingular phone that ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

gless16 no está en línea Stack level 1

Question No Valid Sim card, Cingular phone, Cingular SIM card

Advertisement

My brother just gave me a Blackberry Pearly 8100. It is an ATT/Cingular phone that he used at work. I have an ATT/Cingular phone that my SIM card works fine in. I reset the phone (Settings->Options->Security->General Settings-> Select IT Policy Name then click 'Wipe Handheld') Because I though maybe it wasn't working since it was setup as his Work phone. But I'm still getting 'No Valid SIM card'.

The after typing mepd the SIM card screen it shows the following.
    SIM Disabled
    Network Active
    Network Subset Disabled
    Service Provider Disabled
    Corporate Disabled

I have tried taking the sim card out and putting it back in, I also tried putting a piece of foled up paper between the battery and SIM card to try and hold it in better.

Any Ideas?

takadante no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24B2C963

Re: No Valid Sim card, Cingular phone, Cingular SIM card

Your problem might be from the IT policy. Try this steps by gurucomputer:

Removal of IT Policy Procedure
    This procedure worked on a group of Nextel 7520's I purchased and should work for many others...

Step 1
    Ensure the Blackberry Desktop Manager is installed using Blackberry Internet Service, and not Blackberry Enterprise Server. If you are unsure, it would probably be a good idea to uninstall the Desktop Manager and start again.

If you don't have the CD that came with your Blackberry, the Software can be downloaded here. Use "https and www"

blackberry.com/Downloads/entry.do?code=A8BAA56554F96369AB93E4F3BB068C22

Step 2
    Download the file policy.bin Use "http"
    users.tpg.com.au/dan1e1w/files/policy.bin

Save it in your Blackberry installation directory
    C:\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerry

Step 3
    Wipe your Blackberry, creating a backup if necessary. Select Options/Security/Wipe on the Device.

Step 4
    Close the Desktop Manager if it is open.

Step 5
    From the Windows Start Menu select Run..., and at the prompt type regedit. In the tree on the left hand side, navigate to:

HKEY_Current_Users\Software\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\PolicyManager

Right-Click the Policy Manager Folder and select New/String Value. Name the value "Path". Now, Double-Click the Path Subkey and set Value Data to:
    C:\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\policy.bin

Step 6
    Open the Desktop Manager.

Step 7
    Connect the Device.

Verification
    Once complete, the Options/Security screen on your Blackberry should not contain references to an IT Policy, you should now be able to change all settings (including password prompts), and install Third Party Applications.

Thanks for the reply, right now I have done everything you said but I can't get my blackberry to connect to the desktop manager over bluetooth and I don't have a usb cable until I get home. I will let you know once I get it connected. Hopefully this all works.

Thanks..

OK so i followed the steps above.. the IT Policy was removed, there is no reference to it on the security screen. Now when i put my sim card in and power up it says "Initialization Failed" at the top of the screen and "SOS" in the upper right of the screen.

tmrepp no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    Define Your Apn!!!