I am trying to use the service books and to get the installs working from ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

isu_compu_dude no está en línea Stack level 1

Question USCC AIM/ICQ/MSN RIM install

Advertisement

I am trying to use the service books and to get the installs working from bb or from apploader but I always get no applications designed for this device....

I have a 8130 pearl on US Cellular network

Can someone help me edit the files to get them to install? I have read and tried all the instructions for tmobile and at&t but just can't seem to get them to even install to try to see if they work.

I would appreciate any help, as I don't want to use a program like im+ for instant messaging...thanks
    Last edited by isu_compu_dude; 02-04-2008 at 05:17 PM.

RemyKirin no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask me

Re: USCC AIM/ICQ/MSN RIM install

Quote Originally Posted by isu_compu_dude View Post
    I am trying to use the service books and to get the installs working from bb or from apploader but I always get no applications designed for this device....

I have a 8130 pearl on US Cellular network

Can someone help me edit the files to get them to install? I have read and tried all the instructions for tmobile and at&t but just can't seem to get them to even install to try to see if they work.

I would appreciate any help, as I don't want to use a program like im+ for instant messaging...thanks
    I wish I could help, but for most of the the stackers, the 8130is still a bit of an unknown, mainly because its still so new and that its on a cdma network. I am not sure if it works, it doesnt say it wont on the website, but give jive talk a go, I love it and so do most stackers, not to mention it has a 30 day trail mode and it only cost 20-30 depending if you want a device or user license, I recommend the user license, I hope this helps a lil. Let me know if you have any other questions.
    and Welcome to the stacks.

Oh and as for the app loader prob, do you have both the DM and the 8130 firmware installed? they should be 2 separate installs and downloads
    ----
    "If you aren't remembered, then you never existed." – Arisu

"I'm watching a dream I'll never wake up from.." - Spike Spiegel

isu_compu_dude no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: USSC AIM/ICQ/MSN RIM install

yeah I have both installed...they came with the phone

I got the ota's but still cant install them
    does anyone know how to edit ota files to get rid of or change the phone model check?

scuebydue no está en línea Stack level 1
    These are now available at mobile.blackberry.com. I have all of them on my USCC 8130
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~