Has anyone been able to connect to the internet with the 8100 via blue tooth? ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

sharklover no está en línea Stack level 1

Thumbs up Using your 8100 as a BT modem with windows

Advertisement

Has anyone been able to connect to the internet with the 8100 via blue tooth? I have done it with a cable and it works great. I just wanted to know if its possible to do it without a cable. I have read that you can do it with OSx but what about windows?

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

Re: Using your 8100 as a BT modem with windows

Welcome to Pinstack.com.
    Try the solution in the similar thread listed above: 8100 as a modem

sharklover no está en línea Stack level 1

No comment on using modem through BT.

LGV2006 no está en línea Stack level 2

Yes. It will work if the BT stack is managed by windows and not the third party software. Check the web for updated drivers for your BT adapter
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

krazykritter no está en línea Stack level 1

The most important part of getting this to work is simply installing the phone as a modem.whether your using Windows or Widcomm you have to have your phone seen on your pc as a modem. You'll known its right if you see a bt modem in your phone and modem settings in the contol panel. Select your phone and query it. You should then receive the standard AT responses. If not then your pc and phone aren't communicating as they should. Once that's done proceed as if you had a cable. Remember bt is a cable replacement technology.

astroboy no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    252FE5C0

blackberry and widcomm

Quote Originally Posted by krazykritter
    whether your using Windows or Widcomm you have to have your phone seen on your pc as a modem.
    Is this really possible? I've had no luck using my blackberry with widcomm drivers, and I've been searching for a workaround for a while. Some services are available (I can push files one at a time from the blackberry to PC, but not to the handset from the PC), but I haven't been able to sync using bluetooth, or use it as a modem. I can't get the desktop manager to recognize the connection at all. Any way to do this with Widcomm (my Bluetooth PCMCIA card requires Widcomm drivers) would be greatly appreciated.