I have a Cingular Blackberry Pearl < 30 days old. I manged to persuade Cingular ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

rbarnacle no está en línea Stack level 1

Smile using a Virgin Mobile (UK) SIM in a Cingular Pearl

Advertisement

I have a Cingular Blackberry Pearl < 30 days old. I manged to persuade Cingular to give me the unlock code and procedure (normally a 90 day wait). The tech gave me it verbally - and his promised e-mail to confirm the details didn't arrive - so I know it was a big favor. He did give me the instructions, but there was a slight error - however after hunting the web I finally got my Pearl unlocked. (remember it's MEPPD and MEPP2 , not MEPD and MEP2 as he told me)
    The reason I needed the unlock is to use a Virgin Mobile (UK) SIM when travelling Europe. I have the SIM here in the the US and tried it out. It registered with the local T-Mobile network, but only provided a GSM connection - no EDGE/GPRS.
    I can therefore make calls ok, but no e-mail /data services.
    After more sleuthing, it appears the data services are controlled by the Blackberry Service Book - My problem is that Virgin ( a virtual carrier in the UK using the T-Mobile network and their own SIMs) do not sell or support any Blackberry device.
    Does this mean I cannot use the Blackberry + Virgin SIM for data - The SIM does have a voice+data plan. Or, can I get around the service book or create one that fools the Blackberry into using the Virgin SIM for data services ??

Any help or direction would be greatly appreciated
    Thanks

sn1p3r no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Re: using a Virgin Mobile (UK) SIM in a Cingular Pearl

Virgin doesn't support BB at all so you won't receive any emails using one of their SIM card and sorry to be the fun breaker but unless they can provide you a BB data plan you won't be able to do anything using data

BTW Welcome to the stacks
    I'm french canadian so I can also help you in french, just PM me
    UNLESS it is for a BETA OS, it's at your own risk and I won't support it
    Sn1p3r

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Re: using a Virgin Mobile (UK) SIM in a Cingular Pearl

rbarnacle, Welcome to PinStack.

sn1p3r is correct, listen to him. Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help with this problem or your BB.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles