Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Is this possible? I'm used to using my old phone (K750i that I flashed to ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

fooey no está en línea Stack level 1

Using the Pearl's flash as a torch

Advertisement

Is this possible? I'm used to using my old phone (K750i that I flashed to W800i) with its double led flash as a torch when I needed some light.

As the pearl has a flash for the camera, is there any programs that just keeps the light on until you turn it off? I'm not quick enough to see in the dark by constantly taking shots with the flash on

COJO 24 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23E89BE8

Re: Using the Pearl's flash as a torch

There is a blinkberry program that if programmed right will keep the front light on (the little light on the top right hand corner of the front of the phone). Here is the link to a thread with the instructions on how to do this and also were you can download it:

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com..._settings.html

Hope this helps,

COJO 24

j llama no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    4U2ASKME

Thanks for the thread shout out cojo. How did that work for you fooey?
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

mysmyrrh no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23e4456e

Quote Originally Posted by fooey
    Is this possible? I'm used to using my old phone (K750i that I flashed to W800i) with its double led flash as a torch when I needed some light.

As the pearl has a flash for the camera, is there any programs that just keeps the light on until you turn it off? I'm not quick enough to see in the dark by constantly taking shots with the flash on
    I bought a "my flashlight" app from handango for $1.99. The screen goes completely white and bright.

mlehrbaum no está en línea Stack level 1

Why does greentechmobile.com website only work on my blackberry and not on my computer?

PIN/ID
    23e4456e
    Because it's a wap only site.

Mp55 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23e4903f

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~hey there. I have a free app called lanterna. It changes your screen to a pure white screen for light and it even has different colors like blue red etc. You can find this app if you go to www.getjar.com and search for it. The only catch is that the app is in portugese lol. But there is only one menu with the color selections and it is very easy to figure out. Hope this helps.

-MP

PIN/ID
    23e4456e

Quote Originally Posted by Mp55
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~hey there. I have a free app called lanterna. It changes your screen to a pure white screen for light and it even has different colors like blue red etc. You can find this app if you go to www.getjar.com and search for it. The only catch is that the app is in portugese lol. But there is only one menu with the color selections and it is very easy to figure out. Hope this helps.

-MP
    Thanks! looking for it now.

PIN/ID
    23e4903f

Update- I just searched for the app and I guess they came out with a new one that has English as well. I'm now downloading it to see how it works.

-MP

Yclif no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2051259D

Quote Originally Posted by Mp55

-MP
    can you keep it lit as long as you want or does it have a setting?

mlehrbaum no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by mysmyrrh
    Because it's a wap only site.
    So after I purchased the program how do I download it to my computer to put on the blackberry pearl? It says its ready to download but the pearl can't download zip files on its own.

PIN/ID
    23e4903f

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Originally posted by yclif-
    "can you keep it lit as long as you want or does it have a setting?"

Unfortunately it only stays lit as long as you have your phones backlight settings set for. It doesn't have the option to keep it on for as long as you want. But hey its free.

-MP

COJO 24 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23E89BE8

I think if you just clicked a button on the pearl before the backlight goes off then it will stay on for as long as you keep doing that.

COJO 24

PIN/ID
    23e4456e

Quote Originally Posted by COJO 24
    I think if you just clicked a button on the pearl before the backlight goes off then it will stay on for as long as you keep doing that.

COJO 24
    the whole point is to not HAVE to click the buttons. That free app works just fine. I just dl it, and grandson is playing with it as we speak. I had bought that flashlight app last Sept, so I already got my $$ out of it. This Lanterna is really neat, hope it makes a good booklight too.

PIN/ID
    23e4456e

Quote Originally Posted by mlehrbaum
    So after I purchased the program how do I download it to my computer to put on the blackberry pearl? It says its ready to download but the pearl can't download zip files on its own.
    first of all, you need to find their internet site. and then you have to extract the files, and use your dm to dl the alx files. This is kinda the wrong thread for this discussion. If you do a search, you will find an entire tutorial on loading apps thru DM. good luck.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast