My wife is a stylist. She carries around two cell phones all the time: one ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

jason8888 no está en línea Stack level 3

Using profiles/groups to screen calls?

Advertisement

My wife is a stylist. She carries around two cell phones all the time: one for personal use, and the other for business. On her days off, she leaves the work phone behind, so she can actually take some time off. I'm sure most of us know that, even if you don't answer the phone, just knowing clients are calling can be stressful.

One of her phones is starting to show its age, and she's thinking about replacing it.

So I'd love to save some money and get rid of her second phone. I'm wondering if there's a way, on a Pearl, to make it so calls from certain people go straight to voice mail during a certain time of day, or when a certain profile is active.
    I played around with profiles and groups. The best thing I could come up with is to make an exception with the "Do not disturb" box checked. But, that way, the screen still lights up, and the phone still 'rings'. Not to mention, using an exception, calls from that person will always be silent.

Does anybody have any ideas?

Does anybody know what I'm talking about?

magellan0547 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    242E7D27

Re: Using profiles/groups to screen calls?

i know what you're talking about...you want something like log-on/log-off/switch user...hahaha who would have thought Microsoft would have had a good idea themselves...too bad it wasn't for the BB and it's in stupid windows...but i digress...this is a very good idea and i have the same issues...i work for a company, have my own business, and of course friends/family and all have the same cell# for me...very stressful always having to decide wether a certain call should be taken or not or whether it's really important

i haven't found anything either but maybe one of these nifty programmers can figure something out...maybe this is one to take straight to RIM since it isn't just a coporate phone company anymore...many more people are like your wife and I we need 2-3 phones in 1 with the ability to log-on/log-off/switch-user...but that's just my 2 cents

jason8888 no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by magellan0547
    i know what you're talking about...you want something like log-on/log-off/switch user...hahaha who would have thought Microsoft would have had a good idea themselves...too bad it wasn't for the BB and it's in stupid windows... and I we need 2-3 phones in 1 with the ability to log-on/log-off/switch-user...but that's just my 2 cents
    Are you talking about Windows desktop OS, or are you saying that you can do what I'm talking about with a Windows Mobile phone?

I'd hate to buy her a Windows Mobile phone, but, on the other hand, I hate to pay for an additional phone line. If Windows Mobile can do what I'm talking about, it'll be worth looking into.

magellan0547 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    242E7D27

not sure buddy i was just saying that you wanted what we have on desktops...yes sorry for the confusion...but i would look into maybe that Windows mobile phones...they may have exactly what you're looking for...sorry i couldn't be more helpful