Hey guys, I'm using a T-Mo pearl as a tethered modem on my laptop in ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

SilleeString no está en línea Stack level 2

Using pearl as tethered modem in Vista

Advertisement

Hey guys,

I'm using a T-Mo pearl as a tethered modem on my laptop in Vista. At least, I'm trying to. Here's the thing, in XP it worked just fine, but it seems like it won't work in Vista. I deleted the connection in control panel and tried to make it fresh, inputting the extra initialization string, dial number, and started desktop manager correctly, but when I try to dial it instantly gives an error. Does anybody have any ideas for me? Thanks

I should add that if I try to connect to it in control panel, it gives me an error number 692, saying something about there being a hardware problem...
    Last edited by SilleeString; 03-20-2007 at 07:59 PM.

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Re: Using pearl as tethered modem in Vista

I dont have Vista yet so I cant be of much help. Anyone else please?

zeyrah no está en línea Stack level 3

Do you have desktop manager 4.2 service pack one? Right now you have to have that to do anything with the desktop manager. You can download that from blackberry.com as eight now tmo does not have that up yet!~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Ahh I didn't realize there was a service pack for DM. I won't be home until late tonight to try this, but in the meantime if anyone else has experienced this post anything you've done to correct the problem please! Thanks

FusionTactik no está en línea Stack level 2

you should have the dm sp1 buts its unneccesary to make it work. i had my pearl the day vista came out and connected as a modem. funny thing is i couldnt get it to work on my xp, but i followed the same directions as xp, and it worked the very first. i know one of my problems was the com ports. make sure you have it configured to the right com port. i just played with different ones until it connected.

Well the problem's resolved folks! It turns out that upon installing the new version of Desktop Manager I got it to work no problem. I'm not sure if it's version-specific, or just that I reinstalled the program in general after upgrading to Vista. Had I been smart, I probably would've tried to install the program after making the OS switch before coming on here to report the problem. Woops? Or maybe it is version-specific? In either case, it's probably a good idea to have the latest software when dealing with a new OS anyways.

zeyrah no está en línea Stack level 3

Yep, only way it will work! Glad th hear the upgrade got you fixed!~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

seedyburner no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2438f59d

Hey I had the same problem. This should help you. It worked perfectly for me for both USB and BT.

http://seedyburner.googlepages.com/blackberry
    Last edited by seedyburner; 03-22-2007 at 05:16 PM.

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Glad to hear yours is working. Got Vista yesterday and I am getting nowhere with phone as modem.

Oh well, il get it soon I hope.

alvin34865 no está en línea Stack level 2

Hi everyone, this is my first post on this forum , I am also the proud new owner of the blackberry 8100.

I am not sure this will help , but I have vista and I had the same problem, what I did was this...... right click on the desktop manager executable icon and go down to properties and then click the compatability tab , under compatability mode check mark the box that says run this program in compatability for............and from the drop down box select windows xp service pack 2

Then at the bottom check mark the box where it says run this program as an administrator. Click apply and then exit.

It worked for me and it should work for you.