Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

I have a Pearl with a 4GB media card full of songs. My car is ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

jasonrs2 no está en línea Stack level 1

Using Pearl as iPod in Car

Advertisement

I have a Pearl with a 4GB media card full of songs. My car is iPod ready. Is it possible to use the Pearl as an iPod and connect it to my car's audio system? If possible, how would I accomplish this? Thanks in advance.

lucky13mt no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    N/A
    I'm not too familiar with this, but does the connector only fit in the iPod?

Or is it a 3.5mm jack?

Because if it is, you might be able to use an adapter to hook your BB up to it.
    BlackBerry Rocks!<-Check it out!

beeshabo no está en línea Stack level 6
    There is a connection on the front of the stereo (unless you have those that you lose control of the iPod and you control it using the actual stereo), I'm assuming you'd need an adapter for the BB as it does not have a normal size jack, then you'd be able to hook it up. But then again, I'm not sure if the 8100 supports stereo sound.

focuztorch no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    just ask
    There are. 2ways the first is as previous posted adapter or you can go route of fm transmitter in cigirette light and tune bb through fm dial on radio I have curve 8310 this way with 4gb card it sweet no more hassle of cd or friends borrowing them 4weet but radio shack has adapter and tranmitter best onei got for buck is. Dynex brand from best buy in cell phone area let me know how it work for you~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

meme405 no está en línea Stack level 3
    you need a 2.5mm to 3.5mm conversion jack, then attach a 3.5mm extension into your AUX input and then into your phone...

TravisMLC no está en línea Stack level 1
    I bought such a jack and never was happy with how the BB ran in my radio. Saturn Sky with XM. Static, goofy connection that went in & out - phone didn't seem to be able to supply enough power for the radio to recognize the signal. Tried for a month then quit.

The reason for that I think is because the pearl doesn't supports stereo sound (I think), but I could be wrong - someone correct me if so.

Antgod no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2148A220
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~your wrong, it was the way you had your pearl hooked up.I use my phone only now and it works as good as a ipod ,it probly was the plug you are useing

tws777 no está en línea Stack level 3
    I tried, but came to find out the sound quality wasn't what I was looking for. So, I bought an iPod and it sounds much-much better.

meme405 no está en línea Stack level 3
    You hav eto get a stereo plug not a phone connection plug, because thos are for MONO speakers and will not sound good or may not even work..

joe robot no está en línea Stack level 2
    If you decide to go the adapter route to use your pearl as an mp3 player in your car, You'll need three things.
    -2.5mm to 3.5mm STEREO adapter
    -audio out coupler
    -3.5mm extension into your AUX input

I have to warn you though. Don't just buy a 2.5mm to 3.5mm adapter from radio shack or ebay. You're going to need a 2.5mm to 3.5mm adapter made for STEREO sound. The adapters in radio shack and ebay are mono, not stereo. I found that out the hard way.

Luckily, Seidio makes an 2.5mm to 3.5mm stereo adapter designed specifically for the 8100. I use this one myself, and it works perfectly.

http://www.seidioonline.com/index.as...ROD&ProdID=529

However, note that with just the STEREO adapter itself, you'll still only get sound from one side of the car due to impedance issues. That's what the audio out coupler is for. To bypass that impedance issue. Fortunately, Seidio also makes this.

http://www.seidioonline.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=39

Hope that helps

Last edited by joe robot; 05-23-2008 at 02:43 AM.

athomas917 no está en línea Stack level 3
    If you have a newer stereo that accepts USB flashdrives, you can connect a USB to mini cord (the one you use to connect to your pc and the stereo will recognize it as another flash drive and play music off it that way. Since the connection is all digital, there is no loss in sound quality.
    Last edited by athomas917; 05-23-2008 at 12:30 PM.

Pretty neat athomas917, I'm gonna look into one for myself......loving that carbon fiber too that's always a good look

gixxerjoe no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    Is this just plug and play or do you have to change any settings on your bb?
    Quote Originally Posted by athomas917 View Post
    If you have a newer stereo that accepts USB flashdrives, you can connect a USB to mini cord (the one you use to connect to your pc and the stereo will recognize it as another flash drive and play music off it that way. Since the connection is all digital, there is no loss in sound quality.

soufpac no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    \P
    athomas917, that just looks beautiful

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast