Anyone try to use Logitech's wireless mp3 headphones directly with their Pearl? These are the ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

PabloPicasso no está en línea Stack level 1

Using Logitech Wireless Headphones with Pearl

Advertisement

Anyone try to use Logitech's wireless mp3 headphones directly with their Pearl? These are the headphones that come with an adapter to use with non-bluetooth devices, but theoretically they should work with the Pearl without an adapter. The Pearl does recognize the headphones as a Bluetooth device, but when I try to use the media player, my music doesn't stream to the headphones but plays through the Pearl speaker as if there were no headphones present.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Szadzik no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23E23EA8
    Quote Originally Posted by PabloPicasso
    Anyone try to use Logitech's wireless mp3 headphones directly with their Pearl? These are the headphones that come with an adapter to use with non-bluetooth devices, but theoretically they should work with the Pearl without an adapter. The Pearl does recognize the headphones as a Bluetooth device, but when I try to use the media player, my music doesn't stream to the headphones but plays through the Pearl speaker as if there were no headphones present.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated.
    My suggestion is to read the specifications of BB Pearl.

If you read the specs, you will find out that BB Pearl does not support the A2DP Bluetooth profile, which means it won't work with stereo Bluetootoooth headset.

However, you might try the adapter you mentioned and then it should work..
    Phone Tales:
    OT MaxDB, CD1, CD5, J5, GD96, ME45, T68i, X6, CX65, A925, E398, MPx200, X6-2, OT715, D600E, W810, M600i BB Pear + Axim x51v

ceekay84 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23e4e4b8
    it'd be sweet if it did though =DDDDD is that something an updated OS could fix?

Thanks. I guess I missed that in the specs. It does work with the adapter but only with a second adapter to convert the adpter's 3.5mm plug to 2.5mm. This issue aside, there is a real lack of quality headphones to use with the Pearl because of the 2.5mm headphone jack. With the convergence of phones of music players, it would be nice to see 3.5mm become a universal standard, wouldn't it?

Picasosz no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    204B2E96
    Welcome Picasso

desjr7359 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23DECE1A
    Quote Originally Posted by PabloPicasso
    This issue aside, there is a real lack of quality headphones to use with the Pearl because of the 2.5mm headphone jack. With the convergence of phones of music players, it would be nice to see 3.5mm become a universal standard, wouldn't it?
    I use Bose Quiet Comfort 2's with my Pearl. Bose has an adapter for them that goes to 2.5mm and allows you to talk with them (very nice because of the noise cancelling headphones - if it's noisy, it's very easy to hear and speak with them). The adapter was 39.99 though, not expensive when you consider that the headphones themselves ran $300.00.

Quote Originally Posted by desjr7359
    I use Bose Quiet Comfort 2's with my Pearl. Bose has an adapter for them that goes to 2.5mm and allows you to talk with them (very nice because of the noise cancelling headphones - if it's noisy, it's very easy to hear and speak with them). The adapter was 39.99 though, not expensive when you consider that the headphones themselves ran $300.00.
    Thanks. I have an adpater I bought at Target (of all places), which also allows you to talk with them. It does work fine, but I'd really like to be able to plug my headphones directly into the player -- the fewer the appendages (sp?) the better!

mcm180 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    mcm180
    Whew! I was about to drop 90 bucks on the iPhono mini Bluetooth headphones but I think they use the same technology which the pearl doesn't work with! Which totally sucks too! Thanx for the info everyone

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

TyroPrate no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Using Logitech Wireless Headphones with Pearl

These claim to be compatible with the Pearl. Any feedback?

Re: Using Logitech Wireless Headphones with Pearl

Don't see how they could be, unless they're using something other than the A2DP Bluetooth profile.