Hi All, I have a cingular pearl that I use with my work BES. I ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Ralthan no está en línea Stack level 1

using home emal and BES at the same time

Advertisement

Hi All,

I have a cingular pearl that I use with my work BES. I have not been able to figure out if I can have a home email account (say cox or hotmail) and the BES at the same time. Any thoughts how to do this besides going through the webmail apps?

Thanks,
    Tony

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Re: using home emal and BES at the same time

Yes you can have two emails at the same time, but you will need to configure the home email through your BIS website.

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

cp - does a user have to then sign up for BIS and pay for it? say the person has a bb like the OP, company pays for phone and BES, but do you have to sign up and pay for the BIS separately?? i've been wondering the same as my company wants me to either 1) add BES to my Pearl or 2) carry an 8700 in addition...

What is the BIS website.. Since I never bothered with this when I bought it.. I have no idea what it is. I am travelling to Europe next week for the Cebit show, so want to make sure my phone is setup for home emails as well.

PIN/ID
    ATA

ralthan - here is the link to set up BIS thru cingy

http://bis.na.blackberry.com/html?brand=mycingular

bartokbatt no está en línea Stack level 4

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Ralthan - For recently opened Hotmail accounts you need to pay Microsoft for the POP3 feature that will allow the Blackberry or any 3rd party application to get your hotmail via POP3. Older Hotmail accounts do not have this restriction.

Cherrichiodo - Please understand that if you add your personal Blackberry to your company BES expect them to push a set of policies down that wil most likely restrict you from doing some things you take for granted. A few hypothetical examples are 1) they could disable your camera, 2) they could disable your loading of any applications, 3) they could disable the use of the USB port for anything other than Desktop Manager, 4) they most likely will enable automatic locking after xx minutes and require a password to get back in. Once these policies are on your Blackberry it takes a very skilled person to get them off and will entail wiping your device back to a blank slate and reloading the operating system. Ask them what they plan to do to your Blackberry via policies before you just say yes.

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Cherri, I cant answer that question because my company provided the BES, which may have had BIS included for a price.

PIN/ID
    ATA

yep bartokbatt - that is exactly why i am thinking to myself, carrying two bb's ain't so bad i'll just throw the work one in my purse anyway and that is exactly what i told our BES admin - i don't want any security policies on it...lol...he told me that they weren't that strict on downloading apps and stuff, just don't come to them if i break it...i assured him that they were the LAST place i'd go

Thanks for the link.. I just setup my account and it forwards my home email (cox) to my pearl. Is there any way to send from my home email account though? I tried replying to the home email, but nothing went through.

sharky77uk no está en línea Stack level 2

If I understand correctly when you pay for a data plan you have access to BIS. Currently I am on BES and IT has some pushed some policies which disable a few things. For example - I get all my mail from BIS account, but when I reply to a BIS email it goes through my BES account. Also, I cant create new mailboxes for my BIS accounts...stuff like that...