Is it possible? I am not talking about tethered modem... it is kinda the other ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

fsanjaya no está en línea Stack level 2

Use your laptop/desktop internet access on your pearl via bluetooth?

Advertisement

Is it possible? I am not talking about tethered modem... it is kinda the other way round. I don't have data access on my phone, but can I set up network access via bluetooth from my computer?

and another question is does anybody know why does my desktop manager's connection settings for bluetooth is all grey'd out .. I can't find the knowledge base on the blacberry's website.. helppp

b_d0za no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: Use your laptop/desktop internet access on your pearl via bluetooth?

Quote Originally Posted by fsanjaya
    Is it possible? I am not talking about tethered modem... it is kinda the other way round. I don't have data access on my phone, but can I set up network access via bluetooth from my computer?
    I remember someone saying they were trying to get this going with some kind of software, but he hasn't said anything new about it. I read somewhere about someone that got it going on a Nokia, so maybe it is possible on the Pearl?

Quote Originally Posted by fsanjaya
    and another question is does anybody know why does my desktop manager's connection settings for bluetooth is all grey'd out .. I can't find the knowledge base on the blacberry's website.. helppp
    Does your computer have bluetooth? If so maybe you need to enable it.

Are you trying to use a bluetooth adapter? Maybe you need to install the drivers for it.

nsarpong no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23DF23E9

I've done it before, but if I was idle for a couple of mins, the connection would drop. And I have a Mac! If I find the link, ill post it, but it had clear instructions and pics. It was pretty bad ***. But it is possible. I'm sure if it works on my Mac, it should work on a pc. Later!

mcm180 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    mcm180

I remember reading a thread on here about it... The BB DM only works with the generic Bluetooth. Drivers that one can find in the Microsoft XP SP2 download (service pack 2) I tried to uninstall my preinstalled Compaq/HP bluetooth driver but it didn't work . Google it and you'll find a bit of info ... Hope it works 4 ya . I'm just gonna wait for an desktop manager that's More universal with respect to Bluetooth syncing and modem usage.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

bdoza, I did enable it and already install the drivers. but it DM is still greyed. I have been playing around but still can't sync thru bluetooth. as well as playing with network access....

blufaerybeauty no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23FB410D

I've got the same problem. For some reason DM won't let me sync through bluetooth either. If anyone finds a way to fix this please let us know.

Blinkthis182 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23E4ab4

I have a bluetooth connected to my laptop and I use my Blackberry for the internet along with my GPS.

1. First, you need to configure you modem for your ISP or cell phone provider specific information. Go Start --> Control Panel --> Phone and Modem Options. Click on Standard Modem over Bluetooth link (COM8 on my machine) and then click on the “Properties.” This guide covers Cingular (AT&T) specifically.

2. Click on the “Advanced” tab and in the “Extra initialization commands:” enter TMOBILE USA Users (Success!)
    +cgdcont=1,"IP","wap.voicestream.com"

Rogers Users (Success!)
    +cgdcont=1,"IP","internet.com"

Cingular Blue/AT&T Users (Success!)
    +cgdcont=1,"IP","proxy"

Cingular Orange Users (Success!)
    +cgdcont=1,"IP","ISP.CINGULAR"

UK Vodafone Users (Success!)
    +cgdcont=1,"IP","internet"

and click on the “Ok” button.

3. Next start the New Connection Wizard to setup your Internet connection. Click on the “Next” button.

4. Click on the “Set up my connection manually” radio button and click on the “Next” button.

5. Click on the “Connect using a dial-up modem” radio button and click on the “Next” button.

6. Select the “Modem – Standard Modem over Bluetooth link” and click on the “Next” button

7. Name your connection. I named mine “Blackberry EDGE” – but the name does not matter. Click on the “Next” button.

8. Enter the phone number to dial. For Cingular the phone number is *99#, enter that exactly and click on the “Next” button.

9. Select the restrictions for your dial-up connection. Click on the “Next” button.

10. For username enter:
    Cingular
    “ISPDA@CINGULARGPRS.COM” and for the password use “CINGULAR1” all caps.

T-mobile
    Your username and password for Tmobile.com
    Click on the “Next” button

11. Click on the “Finish” button to complete the wizard.

12. Now for the important part, my connection would not work until I entered the specific DNS information for the connection. Otherwise I got the dreaded 718 error. Start up your newly created Dial-up networking connection and click on the “Properties” button.

I really didn't need this step but it helps

13. Go to the “Networking” tab, select “Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) and click on the “Properties” button. (You can also increase the speed of your connection from the “General” tab and clicking on the “Configure” button for your Modem. I increased mine to 921600)

14. Enter your specific DNS information. For Cingular, 66.209.10.201 & 66.209.10.202 are the DNS entries you need. Click on the “Ok” button. Click on the “Ok” button again.

15. Connect to the Cingular Edge network and you are connected via broadband!

Thanks BlinkThis182, but isn't this thethered modem? what i meant was using my home LAN, create bluetooth PAN, and connect it to my phone. so my phone has its' own internet... is it possible?