I was wondering if when the 4.2 os upgrade comes out if it might be ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

jbj9871 no está en línea Stack level 3

Usb mini flashdrive for 8700 os 4.2

Advertisement

I was wondering if when the 4.2 os upgrade comes out if it might be able to use a usb mini flashdrive for storage and play video mp3 from there on the 8700 since I heard it will have miltimedia player and file browser that is what we need I like my 8700c the pda feel to it .its great peace of pda/phone. With the usb flashdrive and 4.2 upgrade with media player 8700 beats 8100 down hard.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Re: Usb mini flashdrive for 8700 os 4.2

jbj, Welcome to the Stacks. I don't have any information on this, so won't even make a conjecture. I can't really say that I've seen a USB drive with a "b" size connector. I do think that if 4.2 for the 8700 has multimedia, it will probably be for streaming on the internet, unless RIM does what you suggest. But I really hate to think how it will effect the Battery Life. High data usage really does impact battery life and I can just think how running a usb drive will drain it. PDAs with compact flash are bad enough.

Just my $0.02
    Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

Crewdawg257 no está en línea BES Pro

I agree with Rcbjr.

option94 no está en línea Stack level 3

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i think that would bridge the gap between the corporate world and the personal world to much for corporations liking.

eatmypiano no está en línea BES Pro

4.2 does have multimedia facilities and will work on devices that have processors that can handle it.

4.2 will give you OBEX as well as the USB cable exchange. Moving files around with a USB disk isn't supported.

racinrocker no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    24b4c6de

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~one word. Sweet

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Quote Originally Posted by option94
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i think that would bridge the gap between the corporate world and the personal world to much for corporations liking.
    I don't know about that. A lot of security concious corporations are issuing flash drives and PDAs now. They just make sure all their employees are aware of the security issues and policies, and the results of violating them. Some are even changing the rules about camera phones, due to the prolifiration. But then again, these companies don't just hire people off the street or allow public access. All employees are trained in how to protect sensitive information.

Another $0.02
    Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

cfranchi no está en línea Stack level 1

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ does anyone know or even have an estimate on when the 4.2 OS will be released. I really can't wait especially if it really does have multimedia capablity.