Hi Stack... This is my first post, because it seems like every question I have ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

jennybennett no está en línea Stack level 1

Question USB/Charging Problem- It's Driving Me NUTS!!!

Advertisement

Hi Stack...

This is my first post, because it seems like every question I have has already been answered by someone. But, this one, I need help with.

Sometimes, atleast three times a week, when I go to charge my phone, I will plug it in and the LED will go red... the screen will go black, then greyish with a picture of a half charged battery with a red line through it. It only seems to happen when I let my battery get really low, but it has done it when I've just plugged it in to my computer to use the Desktop Manager. It takes FOREVER to fix it, and doing the basic Battery Pull doesn't work. This morning was the last straw, which is why I'm typing. I took the battery and just disconnected the contacts for it and quickly reconnected.... doing that until the LED didn't turn red anymore. It started up and I fear plugging it back into the computer.
    It doesn't only do it when I plug it into the computer. It will do this with the home charger and also the car charger.

Please Help!!! I'm a fairly new pearl user, and I love this phone, it's just making me what to throw it against a brick wall!!!! I don't want to spend the money on a new one right now, because I'm waiting for the Pearl2 to come out.

Thanks in advance for the help!

nyydynasty no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: USB/Charging Problem- It's Driving Me NUTS!!!

i know someone who had an 8700 with that problem. I thought it was a bad battery but it turned out that water/moisture had gotten into the phone and it needed to be replaced.

under the battery, there should be a strip that turns red (i think) if it gets wet. Check that. I would call tech support, if this didnt help.
    www.iamletired.com
    ...come one, come all....

Eddie_gauge no está en línea Stack level 7

Also you can try an application loader to reload the software. ( if you can get the phone to not do the red led thing long enough) I know it doesn't sound like a fix but has worked for me in the past with a 7100. http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...rade_your.html

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

Check to make sure the USB port on the side of the phone isn't loose. This happened to me on a 7105t.

magellan0547 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    242E7D27

sounds like the USB port on your BB is busted...when you put the USB cord in or pull it out...how are you doing it? don't wiggle the cord from side to side or up and down to release it from your phone...simply grab as close to the plug and phone as possible and give a hearty tug away from the phone..you can't treat your BB like a electrical socket

sorry to hear...i recommend going into a distributor and seeing if when they attach it to their computer or a wall charger they have if it still acts up...may be your equipment...hope this helps

oh and Weclome to the Stacks!

jennybennett no está en línea Stack level 1

thanks for all the tips......

the strip isn't red, it's white.....
    tmobile is redonkulous when it comes to tech support (they told me it's a generic error).....
    i've recently upgraded the os to the new one on tmobiles website........
    and i do just pull it out, no wiggling........

i think i'm just going to cope until the pearl2 comes out,
    which i heard something from tmobile about!!!!!!

i don't think they were supposed to tell, but the girl i talked to said that tmobile is going to release the pearl 2 in a few different colors, she said she's seen it and it looks really nice. she didn't have a release date though. but, i think it's good news that tech support has seen it, it must mean it's coming out soon.

thank you all for the suggestions, and i'm so glad that a you guys are here. i wouldn't be able to use this phone if it werent for this forum!

magellan0547 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    242E7D27

well actually she lied to you jenny...there is a "string of pearls" line coming out...that line consists of the current model pearl with 3 new colors which will be available Sept. 24th

the Pearl2 is actually slated to hit stores in Q4 of 07 or Q1 of 08