Kind of a stupid question, but will any usb data cable work between my 8130 ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

DSchnell no está en línea Stack level 1

Usb Cable???

Advertisement

Kind of a stupid question, but will any usb data cable work between my 8130 and my laptop, or doo I need to get it from BB or Verizon?
    Verizon told me when I bought the phone it was "special"

anoxia187 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    usb cable via computer wise you could use any mini usb. Ex: Motorola Razer cable, Digital Camera also works. I used them and they work prefect also.. Good luck..

apmartin no está en línea Device Pro
    For the record, we at PinStack believe that there is no such thing as a stupid question. You are able to use any mini-B 5-pin (that's what the small end inserted into your blackberry is called) USB cable with your Blackberry Smartphone. Regardless of the manufacturer. Even the USB cable used to charge a PS3 controller will work

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    There's one exception that I have seen - it's a (seemingly) normal USB cable for my Seidio Pearl desktop cradle/charger.

It plainly says "for Blackberry charge only" on the cable and, by golly, it means it. I cannot connect for any other reason than to charge, i.e., DM doesn't recognize it.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

AdamC no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    PM Me
    Quick question about that "Mini-B" jack. A friend and I were discussing the other day whether or not that connection itself is actually a USB connection too. Is Mini-B short for Mini USB? The majority of my items (aside from ipods) are this Mini-B jack.

cornelious0_0 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    235B134C
    The internal pin layout may be different to allow for the transfer of power but not data.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

cornelious0_0 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    235B134C
    Sorry, that was in regards to the post about the charger cable.

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by cornelious0_0 View Post
    The internal pin layout may be different to allow for the transfer of power but not data.

I think it must be - the USB is a 5-pin setup I think but I'm guessing that at least a couple of them are missing in action. The cable itself feels lighter (like it's light a couple of strands.) The thing is, why make a cable that isn't completely (USB) functional? Are we THAT serious about saving a couple manufacturing bucks? It's a little annoying but at least they tell you.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com