I've seen this asked a few times before usually with the same outcome... Using the ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Gabhan no está en línea Stack level 1

Question US Date Format in Calendar

Advertisement

I've seen this asked a few times before usually with the same outcome...

Using the Dimension Today theme, in the calendar I see the items with US date format (mm/dd).
    I'm from Ireland and would love to get these into UK/Euro format (dd/mm). Almost all the answers to this question I've seen say 'it can't be done'. However some people seem to be stuck with UK format and some seem to be stuck with US format which means that it must be a setting somewhere.

see blackberryforums.pinstack.com/35245-date_format_home_screen.html

I've downloaded the theme builder and built my own theme, but this seems quite limited and I cannot see how it's possible to change the layout of the calendar items.

If anyone has an answer to this I'd love to see it. I'll even give them a copy of my REM (the rock band) theme (if that's not a dis-incentive!!!)

Regards,

Gabhan
    Ireland
    Last edited by Gabhan; 09-27-2007 at 12:12 PM.

LaTuFu no está en línea Stack level 9
    PIN/ID
    Just Ax

Re: US Date Format in Calendar

I've seen it suggested to change the input language to English (UK). I have no idea if this works, because no one responded to that suggestion. If that helps, let us know. Sorry I don't have any other ideas at the moment.

Welcome to the Stacks!
    If I knew where I was going, I might already be there. -- Cross Canadian Ragweed.

ffmike no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    21C0D135

The today plus theme does use the DD/MM format.

Gabhan no está en línea Stack level 1

My phone is set to English (United Kingdom)
    Downloaded the BB Dimension Today Plus theme and it is showing the dates as UK format (dd/mm)

Where can I download an alternative version of the BB Dimension Today theme - which has been verified by someone as showing UK dates - it does exist as mentioned in the link in the original post.

Or where can I check the version (locale?) of my BB Dimension Today theme?

I'm still struggling...but thanks for the suggestions - at least I have verified it is theme based.

Alternatively, when I choose a new theme in Theme Builder, where can I get more base themes - or can I edit the base themes to specify UK format dates? Is there a forum for theme building?

Thanks again - at least I have one working UK format theme
    Last edited by Gabhan; 09-28-2007 at 06:21 AM.