I had my phone on vibrate for about 3 hours while watching a movie. Once ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Ekzt1nr no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask

urgent immediate help!!!!

Advertisement

I had my phone on vibrate for about 3 hours while watching a movie. Once the movie was over I went to change the setting from vibrate to normal -by holding the # button- after a few minutes I noticed that all my tones were gone n I was using the default ones. I go into my media n notice that my media card isn't showing up. So I decided to do a battery pull. When my phone came back on I got this message
    -you have inserted a media card that contains errors. Please check the memory card with a error checking disk from a computer- sumthing like that...

After the many battery pulls I still get the same message.

Wut can I do to fix this?
    Wut is a error checking disk?

Sumone plz help

Thanx

greenandgold52 no está en línea Stack level 3
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i had the same problem. Unfortunatly I had no solution.

TATTOO82 no está en línea Stack level 2
    can you help with modules though on how to delete and not able to delete in module screen.

PIN/ID
    ask
    I hope sumone can help me...I gotta go to bed..I got 5 hours b4 I gotta get up for work. I'll check on it tomorrow. If anyone has suggestions...plz post. I need to figure this out..I need the memory card to back up all the games n apps to switch on to my new 8110 n the new memory card for it...plz tell me there's a solution

I really hope its not a virus...Idk how a BB would even get one...

PIN/ID
    ask
    Quote Originally Posted by TATTOO82 View Post
    can you help with modules though on how to delete and not able to delete in module screen.
    I don't understand wut your trying to tell me

I just had my phone glitch on me. I pressed a key n it did sumthing totally different. I pressed the "back" key...n instead of showing me the last screen...it exited me out of all the programs I was running...it just didn't stop. Ahhh man..this is pissin me off!

Berryadict no está en línea Stack level 7
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Power down. Pull battery and sd. Reinsert battery and power up without sd. Power down. Pull battery and reinsert sd. Power up.
    If still having prob, pull sd and using adapter, check for errors on desktop by going to My Computer, click on drive sd is inserted in, left click and select "check for errors". Be sure and select feature for windows to fix errors automatically!
    Don't reformat card - you'll lose your stuff! Good luck

jonnyxedge no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    28A4ED28
    if you hook it to the computer, you should be able to copy all your meida off the memory card and then reformat the card, after reformatting the card reload the media back on your card
    The BlackBerry Guru

[x] My Minds Eye - Life Behind The Lens Of A BlackBerry
    [x] Pinstack Blog
    [x] Twitter

here_miah no está en línea Stack level 3
    you should probably de-fragment your SD card too, I know "what the hell is this guy thinking?!" If you de-frag your SD about every other month it prevents deleted file frags from causing these kinds of problems. Just put it in your SD adapter and de-frag the same way you do your hard-drive on your PC. It works...
    Tilt is fun with WM 6.1, but not enough to kill the need for my nw iPhone 3Gs!!!

PIN/ID
    ask
    How does sumone even get this issue? Like, wut caused it so I know how to avoid it on my new phone?

idk how to put the SD card on the computer using the adapter..i dont see any place for it...where would it go? and will i need DM for it, cuz i think i might spend all day at work figuring this out.
    Last edited by Ekzt1nr; 08-05-2008 at 06:42 AM.

PIN/ID
    ask
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnyxedge View Post
    if you hook it to the computer, you should be able to copy all your meida off the memory card and then reformat the card, after reformatting the card reload the media back on your card

as soon as i reloaded my media...everything came back to normal...thanx a million man! that is exactly wut i needed to do..thanx so much...it was so easy too...

gorcorps no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Ekzt1nr View Post
    How does sumone even get this issue? Like, wut caused it so I know how to avoid it on my new phone?

idk how to put the SD card on the computer using the adapter..i dont see any place for it...where would it go? and will i need DM for it, cuz i think i might spend all day at work figuring this out.
    If the phone was uplugged while the card was being accessed, or something happend to halt the phone while it was accessing the card in some way then things could have gotten corrupted. Since it works fine now I wouldn't worry about it. Technology will never be 100% reliable with things like this.

PIN/ID
    ask
    Quote Originally Posted by gorcorps View Post
    If the phone was uplugged while the card was being accessed, or something happend to halt the phone while it was accessing the card in some way then things could have gotten corrupted. Since it works fine now I wouldn't worry about it. Technology will never be 100% reliable with things like this.

now that you say that, i do remember being in a hurry that day and unplugging my phone from the usb cord while it was connected to the computer rather then clicking to stop the drive. maybe that had sumthing to do with it.....i learned my lesson...

beeshabo no está en línea Stack level 6
    Actually, that happens to me too!!

If you're accessing your media one your PC via USB cable, you have to select the USB drive it is connected to and eject it rather than just unplugging it. I did that once, and when I tried accessing my media on my BB, the little scanning bar came up and never fully scanned 100%, all my media was gone except for my pictures. I just plugged it back in, enabled mass storage mode and ejected it - and it was all ok