In an earlier post I asked whether or not you need a media card to ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

LizzieLiz no está en línea Stack level 2

Smile Uploading video w/o an SD card

Advertisement

In an earlier post I asked whether or not you need a media card to upload small video clips to the Pearl, and I got conflicting answers! I don't have a media card and when I open the Desktop Manager I do not see a folder called videos... I have a ringtone one and an image folder but that's it. So, if it is possible to upload small clips to the Pearl even without an SD card, could someone please tell me how to go about this?
    Thanks a bunch!

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

Re: Uploading video w/o an SD card

lizzie - i just don't think it can be done. the pearl has file size limitations (don't know them off the top of my head) and that is why you can't transfer them or save them. you even have limits on ringtone/mp3 size without the card.

So I feel kinda silly answering my own question... but I'll do it anyways for anyone else who may be having trouble!
    Ok, I connected my Pearl to my computer and opened the Desktop Manager. In the Media Manager I could only see two folders (one for ringtones and one for pictures) so I created a new folder and called it videos. Then using the program that was mentioned in this post http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...lackberry.html I formatted the clip I wanted and simple added the file to the new folder. I disconnected the Pearl and opened the Media folder, pressed the Menu button and selected explore... Voila, there was my newly made video folder containing the two clips I had transferred to the BB. I watched them and they looked and sounded great!
    Bottom line - you can indeed put video clips onto your Pearl without a Micro SD Card!

Sorry... after you hit explore, click on device memory and then you can see your new folders!

Yclif no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2051259D

Thanks for sharing, every contribution is useful.