Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

i just got my phone today and i installed the desktop manager and then plugged ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

lizm233 no está en línea Stack level 2

uploading music on the bb pearl

Advertisement

i just got my phone today and i installed the desktop manager and then plugged the usb cord into my phone and a message popped up on my phone saying.. "usb charging current is not sufficient. verify that your handheld is connected to a powered usb charging source and that the proper usb driver is installed"

im pretty sure everything that is saying i have.. so i dont understand whats wrong?!?

XLiMBS no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    20F3D846

Re: uploading music on the bb pearl

The message is just telling you that the USB port won't be able to charge your BB, you should try another USB port and make sure you use the USB cable that came with the BB.

As for music, it would be a good idea to invest in a MicroSD card or you won't be able to put files on the phone that are over 2.8megabytes.

I recommend using iTunes or SonicStage for transferring music to the memory card.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

NONCHALANT no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    204B0E0E

good ifo.. itunes is also good and free to us to convert wma to mp3 format. any more question ask XLiMBS,
    BlackBerryCreole...
    http://www.myspace.com/sir__anthony

yeah i tried like every usb port in my computer and the same message keeps poppin up.. so im not sure about that.. but i did manage to transfer some pictures to the phone so thats working but i definatly need a media card for my music

kayos72 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    ask me

try uninstalling then reinstalling destktop mngr. mine had a hiccup the first time i installed it after that all good. keep us posted on your progress.
    Been a long while since last login. Sorry all, adjusting to a new life is great and hell at the same time!!

StaceyRVC no está en línea Community pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

Quote Originally Posted by lizm233
    yeah i tried like every usb port in my computer and the same message keeps poppin up.. so im not sure about that.. but i did manage to transfer some pictures to the phone so thats working but i definatly need a media card for my music
    I get the same message from the USB, but it actually does charge the battery SLOWLY, very very slowly... LOL

yeah mine charges too but slowly.. so idk whats going on but tomorrow i will re install desktop manager n try it over again and see what happens

s7umpy no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23E8A20F

Mine said that until I installed the CD with the Pearl USB driver. I don't think it has anything to do with the USB port. I am assuming you guys are using XP. If you go to your device manager in Control panel and expand Universal serial bus controllers you should see a USB called Blackberry Device. If there isn't one or a question mark over it then you have to try to update that with the driver of the CD or remove the USB cord from the computer delete the device with the question mark then reinstall the product.
    Last edited by s7umpy; 12-11-2006 at 01:13 AM.

resq3331 no está en línea Stack level 1

had the same issue reinstalled the manager and ran the connection test and the problem was resolved.

grahamy no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2436056d

I just bought a sd card, but before that, I wound up deleting alot of the languages, and also cutting down the mp3's to a lower quality allowing me to put alot more on. With out the card I had about 15 songs on there.

I used sony vegas, its a program for video editing, but im sure there are plenty of other ones out there you can check out that would do the same thing.

its worth it if you dont want to invest in a card

crc22532253 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID

Can someone please tell me how to transfer songs to my Pearl???? I am about to pull my hair out!!!! What do I need to convert them to the right format?? Please help me before I break it in half!!!!

iTALY no está en línea Stack level 1

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Crc2323, Are you using .MP3 ?
    I don't know much (sorry) but it seems like anything extention .mp3 or .mp4
    Work best on pearls

klubhead no está en línea Stack level 3

my old computer use to give me some kind of error when trying to charge my ipod and sony ericsson phone.. it pretty much said i had an old usb port that doesn't support file transfers and charging

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

If you guys are still having issues with Transferring files give this thread a try.
    Should be #4 on the list.

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com..._mini_faq.html

SDEEDY no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by lizm233
    i just got my phone today and i installed the desktop manager and then plugged the usb cord into my phone and a message popped up on my phone saying.. "usb charging current is not sufficient. verify that your handheld is connected to a powered usb charging source and that the proper usb driver is installed"
    Could it be because you're computer doesn't have USB 2.0? Just throwing an idea out there.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast