Also, can any MAC users let me know how I can upload my own jpgs ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

MAC user no está en línea Stack level 1

Upload pics and mp3s from a MAC

Advertisement

Also, can any MAC users let me know how I can upload my own jpgs or images, as well as my own MP3s to the Pearl from my MAC? I have PocketMAC installed on my PowerMac if this helps in your reply. Thanks!

peterbabiy no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    23DE41AA

Re: Upload pics and mp3s from a MAC

I wonder why they didnt make the same desktop software but for mac users.

MAC user no está en línea Stack level 1

I know! Is there a solution to my problem you may know of?

peterbabiy no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    23DE41AA

Quote Originally Posted by MAC user
    Im real sorry, Im not a mac user cant help much. I hope someone here will help you out.

nik0 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask

Easiest way I've found is to...

a. Pair your 8100 via Bluetooth.
    b. From your phone open up the MP3 folder or picture folder or wherever the file is going to go.
    c. Go to the menu and hit Recieve using Bluetooth.
    d. From your Mac, send the file just like you'd send it to any other Bluetooth device.
    e. Grant permission on your phone.
    d. The Mac will say failed but the phone will say successful, thats all that matters.

joebobmcslob no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23e22496

Quote Originally Posted by MAC user
    Actually, I believe this may work:
    Try visiting pocketmac. Google pocketmac, follow the link and then in their searchbox type blackberry.
    I have used pocketmac in the past for syncing MS pocket pc's with my G4 and it worked amazingly well. It also allowed me to mount the pocket pc as a volume, so you should be able to do that with your bb. It's too bad Mac is always number two... dang it! Vive le Revolution!!! j/k...

cyberhazard no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23E99719

Hello MAC user,
    I am Macintosh user also.
    I you haven't already, pick up a 1 GB micro SD card for your Pearl.
    After that you simply mount the card as a disk and drag & drop the files.

owenb no está en línea Stack level 1

Hi,

Just to expand on what cyberhazard has said. You can just connect your BB to your mac with the USB cable and it will mount on the desktop as a mass storage device. If this doesn't work out of the box, go to options>advanced options>media card and make sure "Mass storage mode support" is on, and "Auto enable mass storage mode when connected" is on either "yes" or "prompt". Then it should work. The only slightly irritating thing is i don't think you can install applications this way, that would be nice...

Cheers,

Owen

Tanedo no está en línea Stack level 1

hi, im very new to this, i am a mac user and im just learning how to pit a video on the pearl. i was able to drag and drop but when i play it on the BB, there is no sound...can someone help please?

tmag2005 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    250d3c8f

My better half has a Pearl and I can just plug her BB into the USB of the Mac, it will appear as a Mass Storage Device, and then i can locate her files and drag and drop. I have taken off pictures and i have added pictures, and more importantly to her, I am able to add and take MP3 quite happily....

Then just eject the "Mass Storage Device" and hey presto....

Sometimes i wish my 8700 would do it.....

mbarlow no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23E81EC0

OK, this is wierd. I was able to drag and drop by selecting all the files in an iTunes playlist I made for the BB. Problem was, I was using a card reader/writer to add the files. Everything seemed fine, good quality, multiple file types (mp3, AAC, etc). I wanted to change up my playlist so I hooked up the Pearl using the usb cable and turned on mass storage.

So good, so far. The "device" mounted as a storage device on the desktop. I selected all in the playlist and dragged the songs to the storage device. Took about 10 minutes but managed to transfer about 250 songs. When I tried to select a file to play the player screen appeared, but no music and no file name like before. I explored to determine the files are on the card, but they all have an underscore character before the file name. There is one file that did not have the extra character and it played fine.

Does anybody know what is goin on here? Even if I knew how, I don't really want to edit 200 file names to delete the extra character. Help! Thanks!