So I upgraded from the .73 OS to the .94. I would like to try ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

micherooo no está en línea Stack level 3

Upgrading to Rogers .94, what .cod files to delete to increase memory?

Advertisement

So I upgraded from the .73 OS to the .94. I would like to try to stick to it but I actually lost a lot of memory! I used to have about 41mb free and now I have about 35mb free. Very disappointing because I can tell it runs slower. I thought it was strange, so I went through the process of deleting the .cod files that has what I consider the unnecessary preloaded pictures/sound files.

this thread really helped me free up memory before, so this is what I continued to do and it helped with my memory
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...ory_pearl.html

However, it's instructions are outdated on which files to delete...since the names for the .94 OS files are different. Any help? I am still trying to get rid of the preloaded ringtones and pictures (I was able to delete the full size pictures, but the thumbnails are still there). I tried guessing by deleting file names I thought should be deleted...but that didn't work out well. Should I just continue doing trial and error?

Any other suggestions? I tried to skim through the humongous .94 thread and didn't see anyone else with my problem. It's just annoying laggy! I am considering going back tot he .73 cingular.

reemusk no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: Upgrading to Rogers .94, what .cod files to delete to increase memory?

If i remember correctly, you can can go to the Advance Options > Apps and see what you don't need. Things like other languages and such aren't really required. Oh, you may need "Phone" though
    a blackberry is a tool. a treo is a toy