Hey pinstackers! Here's my situation... I'm trying to upgrade my 4.2.0.64 OS to the 4.2.1.101 ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

rozzy9 no está en línea Stack level 3

Upgrading OS Problem... please help!

Advertisement

Hey pinstackers! Here's my situation... I'm trying to upgrade my 4.2.0.64 OS to the 4.2.1.101 Austria OS. I followed all the instructions given on the Desktop Manager... and when I go to add the OS file to upload it onto my Pearl this is the error that pops up: "Error in application file: C:\ 8100M_PBr4[1].2.1_rel164_PL2.3.080_A4.2.1.101.exe" "There is an XML syntax error on line 1". Then I press ok and it says "No additional applications for your device were found". I already tried to use the Rogers OS but I cannot download it because there's some problem with the site. Anyone have any idea what I should do? I really want to upgrade my OS so it can fix the few glitches on my Pearl.

Hopefully someone can help me out here.

Thanks,
    Rosalyn.

LaTuFu no está en línea Stack level 9
    PIN/ID
    Just Ax

Re: Upgrading OS Problem... please help!

After you downloaded the .101 exe file to your desktop, did you run it and install it to your PC before running Desktop Manager? It looks like, from the error you are running, that its trying to run the executable file.
    If I knew where I was going, I might already be there. -- Cross Canadian Ragweed.

rozzy9 no está en línea Stack level 3

I think I may have got it to work! Thanks for your help!

LaTuFu no está en línea Stack level 9
    PIN/ID
    Just Ax

No problem. Glad I could help. I think.
    If I knew where I was going, I might already be there. -- Cross Canadian Ragweed.