I just D/L the newest OS from AT&T (my pearl is a Cingular/AT&T) because I ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

bgrainger no está en línea Stack level 2

Question Upgrading OS need help!

Advertisement

I just D/L the newest OS from AT&T (my pearl is a Cingular/AT&T) because I got a bluetooth KB I want to use and it needed me to upgrade the OS to work... first time I have tried to upgrade the OS.

So I D/L the file, open it so it unpacks on the computer and then fire up desk top manager. Do a back up of course. Then allow it to install the new OS. All went well, but we are now hung at the "Wait for Device Initialization" stage. The PC is working fine, but the BB has hung. It turned on, but now I just have the hour glass and a grey screen. I am used to that when I do a battery pull, but usually right after that I get the home screen to come up and then do the security check and such, then the phone works again. Now it has just been hung there for like 10 minutes.

My instinct is to do a battery pull, but the instructions are clear that I am not to disconnect the device from the computer until operation is complete.

PLEASE HELP!

P.S. I use BIS and NOT BES as this is not a corporate phone.

EDIT: Pulled the battery and that seems to have fixed it. Application data is being reloaded from the backup as we speak.....
    Last edited by bgrainger; 02-17-2008 at 01:53 PM.

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Re: Upgrading OS need help!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

You didn't need to do the battery pull. It takes a while for the device to initialize. You're lucky you didn't corrupt your files.

It always takes a while. Even though it looks like its not doing anything it is.

You have to remember that the device has to wipe the Memory clean before it can write to it again. All upgrades you just have to be VERY patient.

bgrainger no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: Upgrading OS need help!

Thanks Red. It is all sorted now. Works like a charm and the BT keyboard I wanted to use works with the new OS. Did not with the old OS for whatever reason.