Hello world Of PinStack.com I recently traded in my old faithful razr for an equally ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

vondenen no está en línea Stack level 1

Smile Upgrading For Newbies

Advertisement

Hello world Of PinStack.com I recently traded in my old faithful razr for an equally old pearl 8100. and even without a data plan I have become entrenched in the wonders of BB ownership. which I suppose leads me to my newbie question, or rather request. I downloaded desktop manager 4.5 and despreratly wish to upgrade my device software to the same 4.5...but troubles are looming over me. I browsed some threads and topics in the forums but nothing has caught my eye. can anyone direct me to a step by step or have the patience to map it out for me?

Safiy no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    304d0ac5
    Here you go. Instructions and 4.5 http://forums.pinstack.com/showthread.php?t=76342~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

rashard no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    208FBA40
    Just FYI the Desktop manager version and BB software version are unrelated.

Quickest way is to go to the Blackberry website, and use their plugin, it will give you the version you need and it about the quickest most painless way.

Tips:

Do a Backup using the destop manager.
    Remove your memory Card
    Run the update

Link: http://na.blackberry.com/eng/services/devices/

Click on Update Now
    It takes many professionals versed in many different area's to help the masses, I am just a single drop in that pool.

BXXXX[:::::::::::::::::::::::::::>

PIN/ID
    304d0ac5
    That method does work but from my experience its actually quicker to install manually. But speed aside manual installs are better because you get to customize your install, and remove unwanted apps and such(extra themes,ptt etc). This saves space keeping your bb nice and speedy. All the instructions and OS's are here on Pinstack. Check out the link~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Last edited by Safiy; 01-15-2009 at 01:55 PM.

rashard no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    208FBA40
    Guess what you can do all the same things with the online version, custom, remove unwanted, add extras, but you dont have to worry about downloading a file and putting it somewhere and then remebering where you put it (that can be hard for some) and making sure your getting the right one, for your phone and carrier (yes some do care about that). Anyway you cant beat plug n play compatibilty on upgrading your OS and the whole process taking roughly 45 minutes.

The OS,s are not actually here on PS but rather the links to the downloads from the blackberry website are found here. And full instructions are great, but scare most newbies, they would rather wait till they get to know their phone better before the start digging into the hard core.

Give a noob what he wants, few quick steps and new OS
    It takes many professionals versed in many different area's to help the masses, I am just a single drop in that pool.

BXXXX[:::::::::::::::::::::::::::>

PIN/ID
    304d0ac5
    Hmm didn't mean to imply pinstack was hosting the files. Yes they are links to the latest OS's. Those great instructions are designed for noobs and pros alike. In either case I think we helped solve a problem. Good stuff~(wap.pinstack.com)~