Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

ok so i downloaded the new Desktop manager 4.6 and OS 4.5.0.55 software and installed ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

commando82 no está en línea Stack level 1

Upgraded to 4.5.0.55 and can't go online. NEED URGENT HELP!!

Advertisement

ok so i downloaded the new Desktop manager 4.6 and OS 4.5.0.55 software and installed them on my machine. Connected the pearl, backed up contacts, emails, calendar, and keywords and started installing the new os on the pearl. BTW, i deleted the vendor.xml file since i have TMO and started installing the new OS.

Everything went well, backed up everything, but i can't get the uppercase "EDGE" so i can go online and get my email. I only get lower case one.

I can make calls though. i tried resetting by taking out the battery and all that. Nothing. I tried sending my service books by logging in to my account on tmobile.com and that didn't help. I noticed my HRT is empty and registered. Still nothing.

Can someone please help me and let me know what can i do to fix this.

Thanks,

Lavagirl no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    AoleLava
    Did you run the setup wizard? Believe it or not you need to

Run that, then try resending your service books and see if you can register your HRT.

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    I would call TMo and get them to re-register your device on the network manually.
    Or go on your BIS website and try re-registering it yourself.

Let us know

tfrankson no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    2845FBAD
    I would call tmobile and connect with the blackberry dept and just tell them you are not getting EDGE. I wouldn't mention the update of 4.5 since it's not officially out on TMo. Maybe it's on their end.

i did run the setup wizard.

during the 4.2 OS i was able to resend service books through my phone but now i don't know how or if i can. I know only how to do it through tmobile.com

i will try to call tmo now and tell them to re-register me but i doubt that works. how can i do it by myself?

PIN/ID
    AoleLava
    Logging on to your TMo BIS and resending service books.

Check #13 in This thread.

i just called tmo and they said since i have lower case edge, sending service books won't help cause i will not get them

PIN/ID
    AoleLava
    ^^That doesn't sound right at all. Did you call the BB support department?

yes.. actually just hanged up with them. They said i need to open a ticket since i am currently roaming, but i didn't have this problem yesterday so not sure if it has something to do with the new OS. i did NOT mention though that i upgraded to 4.5.0.55.

PIN/ID
    AoleLava
    ^^That's a good thing
    However it shouldn't have anything to do with it.
    You should be able to register with your network, I had no problem using .55 with ATT. Maybe some TMo users can chime in and help.
    As long as you're sure you used the correct OS version for your device.

this is OS i downloaded and installed, i hope it's the right one and the latest release... please let me know if it's not

8100M_PBr4[1].5.0_rel81_PL2.7.0.68_A4.5.0.55.exe

beeshabo no está en línea Stack level 6
    I still have the .55 OS file, I just checked mine, and that IS the CORRECT OS for the 8100

GaryF no está en línea Stack Moderator
    You say you are roaming? That may well be your issue. Are you not in an area that can access the TMO network?~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

GaryF no está en línea Stack Moderator
    Also when you registered your HRT did you get a message? Did it populate the HRT fields?~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

stnkyq2 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    IMTHTG
    Once you have registered the HRT it should have brought back the web browser and sent a message about "Congrats".. If it didn't then you will not be able to access the internet from your BB... Do a battery pull again, but leave it out for a minute; then place the battery back in the device..
    If the EDGE comes back, then send the service books again..... You should be al set after this!

Also, make sure that you are registering the one that is in BOLD, not any other for you HRT.......
    "A clear cut vision is the best path to success.. persistence is the vehicle you arrive in..." -Rev. Run

Crackberry @ddict for LIFE..........

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast