Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

hey people i just have some questions and just need some clarification.... 1. If you're ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

krazilly no está en línea Stack level 2

upgrade questions

Advertisement

hey people i just have some questions and just need some clarification....

1. If you're upgrading and the light goes does the phone "die"?
    2. what is the latest o.s out with documents to go including excel and supports video streaming from youtube does not have a logo for the carrier.

thank you
    Last edited by krazilly; 02-23-2009 at 03:40 PM. Reason: left off a part of the question

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    I am not sure I am totally understanding your questions. If you could give a little more detail I am sure we will have an answer for you.

okay. what i want to know is what is the consequence of me updating my phone and current goes while im doing it. will i still be able to use my phone? and also i just want to know what is the lastest os out and does it come with all three of the documents to go options i.e slideshow, word and excel and does the o.s hav bootup image?

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    While you are upgrading your phone will not be useable. What device do you have and who is your carrier so I can tell you the newest OS avalible for you.

Docs to go is standerd on 4.5 and as far as the splash screen it will remain whatever it is now even after the upgrade. Did I get at least part of this right. I think this is what you were looking for.
    If you want to upgrade there is a lot of help here and we can get you going.

well im actually in jamaica so i dont really have a carrier per-say lol but ive seen in the thread for latest o.s's that .124 is out. i know that when your upgrading its not useable but i mean if the light goes what happens to the phone. and thanks for the splash screen info. So since docs to go is standard that means i will get the excel as well?? i have a 8120 and the current o.s is 4.5.0.38. I think im behind time with the o.s lol. im jus scared of doing it even though a did it for a friend. lol
    Last edited by krazilly; 02-23-2009 at 04:20 PM.

reddrvgon no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    The upgrades usually go flawless... Docs to go will include word, excel and powerpoint...

Carrier screen stays the same, as you already know... (Unless you do a debrand)...

Just up it and enjoy... And remember to delete the vendor.xml...
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    You can get the 8120 here there are also links for How to in the OP. All should go fine for you. If you decide to do it however I would suggest DM 4.6 and not 4.7. If you decide to do it and have any issues someone will be around to help you out.

ok then but no one has answered my question. If i am in the process of updating and for some reason the light goes what happens to the phone. Is it still usable? would i have to wipe it? And why DM 4.6?? Why not 4.7 and how do you "debrand"

sorry for so many questions

PIN/ID
    ask me
    When you say the light goes, do you mean the electricity goes out or do you mean the LED stops flashing?

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    If it bricks while upgrading it would not be usable until you were able to get the OS installed. I would wipe it before the upgrade but you don't have too. DM 7 isn't as stable as 4.6 and has been a big pain for a lot of users.

i mean the electricity. sorry for the confusion and in the thread refered to me by modern indosat is not 4.5 its 4.3. ok thanks. ill download DM 4.6 then. thanks alot for the quick responses and help think im going to upgrade tonight
    Last edited by krazilly; 02-23-2009 at 04:50 PM.

PIN/ID
    ask me
    If that does happen, you can mostly restart the process by doing a wipe and starting the OS process over again...

4.7 has a few stability issues and 4.6 is reliable on that front, that's why its preferred...

Debranding is when you remove the vendor specific information from your device. It then boots up with a RIM screen... Also opens up advanced engineering options... Its pretty cool...

ok so is there a tutorial on how to debrand?

PIN/ID
    ask me
    I have em, just not sure if I can post them here... Lemme consult with a mod and get back to you...

ok thanks alot. well im definatley going to upgrade but just to be on the safe side ill do it on the laptop so if the electricity goes ill be ok thanks for the advise people and such timely response

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast