Hey, Im in the middle of upgrading my os from 4.3.0.66 to 4.3.0.97 and the ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

craKKy no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    301DD51D

Question Upgrade Question

Advertisement

Hey,

Im in the middle of upgrading my os from 4.3.0.66 to 4.3.0.97 and the only way to initiate the installation was trough C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader and deleting the vendor.xml file and double clicking the loader.exe program. Only then did it say upgrade. Is that a bad thing? good thing? or should I just not be concerned that my DM didnt recognize an upgrade available on my computer.

Thanks!
    PIN ME 301DD51D!!!

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    That's the way it works if the OS came from a different carrier than your phone did.

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    After you delete the vender file, then did you go into the new OS file and run the install. Then hook up your phone with the usb and go into the DM app load and it should automatically recognize the upgrade and ask if you if you want to install it.

PIN/ID
    301DD51D
    sweet deal. Just dont wanna brick my phone or have a 507 error code. Thanks a lot! hope it work!
    PIN ME 301DD51D!!!

Make sure to back up all your old info and when you get ready to install make sure you look at all of the boxes that are unchecked. I had to check alot of them before I hit next so that they would be included in the install.

Don't worry, you won't brick it. It does take a long time to install a new OS, so don't freak out when it sits at initalizing for along time. You can always go back to your old OS installing it the same way if you don't like it.

PIN/ID
    301DD51D
    is there any big difference between 0.66 and 0.97? Im just having a problem with a memory leak and having almost none of my sms texts saved and wonder if this can fix it.
    PIN ME 301DD51D!!!

I do not know about those OS files, but there is a thread here that shows you how to free up memory. Is your memory almost full. That is what happened to others that had there sms and emails dissapearing. Is that what you mean? Delete all languages that you don't need. Clear your event log, that may help. Try to free up some space.

Found the thread:

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...call_logs.html
    Last edited by pdxmatts; 04-13-2008 at 09:11 PM. Reason: added link

PIN/ID
    301DD51D
    I have tons of free space. The bell store guy said its a memory leak. hope this fixes it!
    PIN ME 301DD51D!!!