Hey just a quick question, I have seen a lot of people talking about OS ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

craKKy no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    301DD51D

Question Upgrade OS on Bell 8130?

Advertisement

Hey just a quick question,

I have seen a lot of people talking about OS 4.3.0.97 or something upon those lines. I look at the bell website and see I can only stay with my 0.66! Am I missing something here or is there a way to upgrade to the latest OS?

Also, any idea when 4.5 comes out?

Thanks!!
    PIN ME 301DD51D!!!

PIN/ID
    301DD51D
    Also my browser and WLM icons have disappeared and Bell cant help me and deleted my service books. Any suggestions?
    PIN ME 301DD51D!!!

Cougar24 no está en línea Stack level 2
    You are current with Bell's OS

Bell Mobility Inc.
    v4.3.0.129 (Multilanguage) - Applications: 4.3.0.66; Platform: 3.1.0.35; Size: 37.0mb

The OS that everyone is talking about is the one that US Cellular has posted.

US Cellular <----------------------------------------------------------------------------- NEWEST 8130!
    v4.3.0.170 (Multilanguage) - Applications: 4.3.0.97; Platform: 3.1.0.51; Size: 97.29mb

If you want to upgrade your OS, then follow this guide:

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...lackberry.html

By the way, here is where you can check the newest OS releases. The list is updated, so everything should be current. This is a sticky in the 8100 forum, and it should be a sticky for this one too since it includes the 8130 OS.

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...f_29jan08.html

PIN/ID
    301DD51D
    Is it safe to update to that OS?
    PIN ME 301DD51D!!!

I'm with Alltel and I upgraded to it about a week ago. If you aren't having any problems with yours, then I wouldn't worry about it. I upgraded mine because my lagged pretty bad. I haven't had any problems with it and it hasn't lagged once since I upgraded. Just make sure you back up your stuff and delete that Vender file and you should be alright.

PIN/ID
    301DD51D
    My issue is that my Browser and WLM icon among others such as my maps, have vanished. Do you think this would fix the issue?
    PIN ME 301DD51D!!!

Yea, it will fix it. It pretty much reloads everything from my understanding. When you update it from the desktop manager, you will be able to pick and choose what things are loaded onto your BB, so make sure the browser and everything is checked.