Around an hour ago I decided to upgrade my pearl to the new OS, while ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

turnercgray no está en línea Stack level 1

Upgrade killed my pearl

Advertisement

Around an hour ago I decided to upgrade my pearl to the new OS, while doing so this laughing tape of death appeared on my pearl screen followed by the hour glass and a error message. I tried to restart my phone and when it finished uploading everything was gone except a gray bar reading Blackberry Platform 2.3.0.82 with a list of my programs following and when I click on one of the prog. (lets say options) it reads ERROR starting net_rim_bb_options_app:Module 'net_rim_locationapi' not found.
    Now my desktop manager won't even recognize my connection although wne I go to options and connection settings on my desk top manager and click on detect it says found.........can anyone help ?

jgirly2 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

Re: Upgrade killed my pearl

I hope you backed up your pearl prior to upgrading...Try to restore your BB with the older OS.

You can read this thread to help you:
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...tmo_103_a.html

Good luck and hope this works
    Last edited by jgirly2; 08-15-2007 at 01:43 AM.
    --------------------------------------------------------
    - j a n e l l
    Theirs more to life than cell phones...Theirs BLACKBERRY's

zjfarmer no está en línea Stack level 3

Here is a link to a guide that hopefully will help:

How to reinstall OS when computer won't recognize the device is connected

Also, did you delete the vendor.xml file?
    -- ZJ

"If men define situations as real, they are real in their consequences." - W.I. Thomas

I did back it up but it doesn't help that I did considering that my desktop won't recognize mt connection

jgirly2 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

turner...try to do what zjf... said in his post and read the threads we listed for you
    --------------------------------------------------------
    - j a n e l l
    Theirs more to life than cell phones...Theirs BLACKBERRY's

Quote Originally Posted by zjfarmer
    Here is a link to a guide that hopefully will help:
    Also, did you delete the vendor.xml file?
    Thanks I'll give it a try

rdills no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?

I knew better than to try and upgrade! Its not worth the trouble if you ask me. instead i'm upgrading my phone when tmo comes with it! sure there are a few flaws with my pearl but nothing I cant live with for another 2 months! my phone dying on me, no way i could take that chance! good luck though I hope it was worth it for you.

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

If you have everything you need and take your time and not rush things your upgrade should go just fine.

Just follow directions, http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...rade_your.html be patient nothing should ever go wrong. I've updated every upgarde there was. From .42 up to 1.103 which I think is 10 updates. Never have I "bricked" my pearl.

People just need to slow down. Read through the directions twice, three or even four times. Backup your Data. Update all the software. DM, OS whatever you need. Then update and be PATIENT. It's not a race.

I've even updated with Bittorrent Running, Surfing PinStack(multiple tabs), watching a movie, Uploading files to a server, and iTunes running in the background. Still haven't had issues upgrading.

If you have the right tools nothing should go wrong. Just make sure your versions are up to date.

Everyone is just in to much of a hurry to get it done, and don't take the time to read throughly through the directions. A little research, and information will get you a long way.

Ok...I'm done. I'll get off my soapbox. Upgrading isn't hard, just take your time.

Thanks guys, works like a dream now

mich0_o no está en línea Stack level 1

I remember the first time I bricked my pearl...

I was frantically trying to fix it for about 3 hours straight, hahaha...

It was a good experience :]

proanim8r no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23E693F2

Bricked mine on the TIM update. The above linked instructions brought it back like new. Learned alot.

LaTuFu no está en línea Stack level 9
    PIN/ID
    Just Ax

Quote Originally Posted by rdills
    I knew better than to try and upgrade! Its not worth the trouble if you ask me. instead i'm upgrading my phone when tmo comes with it! sure there are a few flaws with my pearl but nothing I cant live with for another 2 months! my phone dying on me, no way i could take that chance! good luck though I hope it was worth it for you.
    Absolutely not true. Take your time, follow the instructions, nearly impossible to totally lose your phone. If you aren't careful, sure you might get stuck having to start over, but if you are patient and follow the steps, its a breeze.
    If I knew where I was going, I might already be there. -- Cross Canadian Ragweed.