Hey i had downloaded the 4.2.0.101 OS, i think its from Austra A1..no matter i ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Jaspreet no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23E77069

Arrow Updgrading OS 4.2.0.101 Queries..plz reply faster..cos i cant wait to upgrade my bb

Advertisement

Hey i had downloaded the 4.2.0.101 OS, i think its from Austra A1..no matter i had downloaded this from:

so before upgradign it i want to confirm that i can upgrade it through Desktop manager 4.2 or i have to download a new one 4.2 sp1 (sp2 is creating problems i have heard on this forum)..so plz reply fast if 4.2 is alright then its ok other wise i had to download 4.2 sp1...tell me

waiting

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Re: Updgrading OS 4.2.0.101 Queries..plz reply faster..cos i cant wait to upgrade my bb

um...I'm not sure. I've always updated when new versions come out.

You may want to get the new one just to be safe.

edit: how is sp2 causing problems?

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

Re: Updgrading OS 4.2.0.101 Queries..plz reply faster..cos i cant wait to upgrade my bb

You can install it using that one.

Haider no está en línea Stack level 3

Reddog sp2 comes with Roxio, which is bloated, unnecessary software that causes more problems than it solves! I use blackberry video for the few times I ever need to load video onto my Pearl. I think thats what Jaspreet is referring to. By the way I downgraded to sp1 to get rid of Roxio!

LaTuFu no está en línea Stack level 9
    PIN/ID
    Just Ax

You can now download DM 4.2 SP2 without Roxio, if you prefer. I'm not sure about the other wireless carriers, but AT&T has it on their website. I don't see why the other carriers wouldn't have it, but I haven't checked to verify. Not a bad idea to have SP2 if you are running the .101 OS upgrade. May as well have the latest updates for all applications.
    If I knew where I was going, I might already be there. -- Cross Canadian Ragweed.