The time on my phone is often off by up to 10 minutes until i ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Gumby no está en línea Stack level 2

Updating time...

Advertisement

The time on my phone is often off by up to 10 minutes until i "update time" every once in a while. Where do you guys have your time option set at? I have "network" (telus), "blackberry" or "off" settings and it is set to network right now but as i said it loses time. Any ideas?

siccmade no está en línea Stack level 4
    mine does the same ...i have it set to network, tried other options but same thing??
    TMO:MYTOUCH 3G SLIDE
    ROM:SlideMeRoot5r1
    KERNEL:2.6.29-5F8ED14

Gumby no está en línea Stack level 2
    Anyone?

rjm2009 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    317A896B
    Try setting it to blackberry...I haven't seen any problems with my.~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

wxboss no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    21DA38F3
    This is one area where the BB lags behind other phones - that of keeping consistently correct time.

While mine hasn't been off by 10 minutes (I keep it set to Network), it will be off by a minute or two while other 'cheaper' cell phones will be right on the money when it comes to the exact time.

For the OP, I always keep mine set to Network Time, but I don't know of any solution that will fix your problem which doesn't mean that there isn't one out there.

Sorry to hear about your problems, I know that I would be upset by a ten minute discrepancy as I use my BB as an alarm clock - so I count on it to be fairly accurate.