Right now, I'm with Alltel and haven't loaded anything on my 8130. I've seen posts ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Cougar24 no está en línea Stack level 2

Updating OS to get MMS Message Option.

Advertisement

Right now, I'm with Alltel and haven't loaded anything on my 8130. I've seen posts about loading a different carrier's OS onto any phone by deleting the vender file; but I'm more concerned with will it actually give me the option to send a MMS message, even though Alltel isn't supporting it right now. I've got the data plan and unlimited text and all that stuff. If this is possible, what carrier's OS should I go with? Thanks yall.

- Will

Sirthinks no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    2831A313

Re: Updating OS to get MMS Message Option.

Nope... How's that for simple?

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Quote Originally Posted by Cougar24 View Post
    Right now, I'm with Alltel and haven't loaded anything on my 8130. I've seen posts about loading a different carrier's OS onto any phone by deleting the vender file; but I'm more concerned with will it actually give me the option to send a MMS message, even though Alltel isn't supporting it right now. I've got the data plan and unlimited text and all that stuff. If this is possible, what carrier's OS should I go with? Thanks yall.

- Will
    Unfortunately the other poster is correct. If you carrier doesn't support it then you cannot send them. It comes down the the network level and what they have in place to transmit those messages. Even if you use another carriers OS you will still not have the option since Alltel doesn't support it.

Ah, oh well. Thanks for telling me and not letting me waste about an hour and a half of my time.

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!

I have Alltel and was told that the next os upgrade should make mms work for BB users. I just spoke with them about this on Saturday.~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Azstar! I remember you from another thread about the MMS problem. Did they happen to tell you when to expect the new OS?

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!

The cs rep said there was a rumor that it may be by the end of the month but nothing official. Sigh!!!!~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Xacer no está en línea Stack level 1

Not to be picky but i miss my pic messages. And did u ask them if they would activate the gps on bbmaps so i dont have to pay telenav to get it?