Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Originally Posted by Sherobin ok well thanks very much for both of your help. I ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by Sherobin View Post
    ok well thanks very much for both of your help. I am actually falling asleep now and have to go to work in the morning. Tomorrow is always another day. I have waited a month and I am sure I can wait another.

I will tell you something though, I wrote a problem page about ebuddy not working on my phone, but that is now working lol with this upgrade. So hopefully the same thing will happen with the you tube thing.

Anyway thanks again guys you have definitely helped a damsel in distress and I am just so happy.

Nite x
    Sometimes after an upgrade things that don't work right away start to work a day or so later. So cross your fingers. Glad we were able to help and if there is anything else just post it back here and I am sure Roger or I will do all we can to help...Maybe tomorrow we will tackle your hubbies...lol.

Sherobin no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2157E9CE
    Oh no something has gone terribly wrong.

I now cant view any page on the internet. All I am getting is HTTP Error 403: Forbidden You are not authorised to view this page. Please try loading a different page.

What did I do?

I am going to attempt another battery pull to see if it helps but going to bed as it takes so long to turn back on. In the meantime if you see my post can you please leave me a message as what to do about this error message if battery pull does not fix the problem?

Would be most grateful.

Thanks guys you are all so awesome on here.
    BB Forever - One Love (Sher)

PIN/ID
    2157E9CE
    No there is no upgrade for his blackberry 8110 Pearl. His carrier is 02 UK and that is the only carrier that does not appear there. Mind you he is not that bothered as he only uses his phone to chat.

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    a 403 shouldnt have anything to do with the device itself double check the addy and retry and every once in a while if you just try to close browser and reload it will fix most errors and load the page.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Yes, Randy is correct. The 403 has nothing to do with the device. In most cases you'll get that error when you're attempting to access a site that requires a login, so as Randy suggests, closing and reopening the browser can fix it as well as going into the browser, pressing the BB menu button (to the left of the trackball), selecting Options>Cache Operations and clearing all those things out.

PIN/ID
    2157E9CE
    Ok thank you guys, the 403 problem is now a thing of the past.

Still cannot watch these vids though, so was hoping that if there is anybody out that can tell me what to do I would be most grateful. However I was surfing the net to see if I can find anybody who has the same problem as me. I found one whose carrier was T-Mobile and was told that he should put wap.xxxxxx something or other in his APN thingy. I was wondering maybe I should try that if I can find the post again.

Anyway I am off to search again for a clue to solving my problem.

Sher

Those APN settings are carrier-specific, Sher.

I can't remember where I saw it, but I just read in a thread where someone was having a similar problem and seemed to resolve it by pressing the trackball repeatedly while the media player was attemtping to load the vid. Ya never know what might work! Take a look at the media player settings once you're in there, too to see if there's something you can change that might help.

Cheers,
    Roger

PIN/ID
    2157E9CE
    Quote Originally Posted by RoGro View Post
    Those APN settings are carrier-specific, Sher.

I can't remember where I saw it, but I just read in a thread where someone was having a similar problem and seemed to resolve it by pressing the trackball repeatedly while the media player was attemtping to load the vid. Ya never know what might work! Take a look at the media player settings once you're in there, too to see if there's something you can change that might help.

Cheers,
    Roger
    Hey Roger

Guess what.

I got it working. I realised the reason why it was not working was my internet browser kept reverting back to Vodafone Live and was trying to access You Tube through that instead of the Blackberry Browser. For some strange reason, even though I keep resetting my browser to "Internet Browser" it keeps on reverting back to Vodafone Live which meant my Emulation had changed to Open Gateway and not Blackberry. I therefore made sure I was in Internet Browser and saved google to my bookmarks and then went through to You Tube via the google site using internet browser, kept checking each step and it worked. I am just such a happy bunny.

Now I need to know why does my phone keep reverting back to Vodafone Live. I will go in Browser Configuration and Change it to Internet Browser, Save and exit but if I then go back in and check it has gone back to Vodafone Live again. It is such a pain but at least you tube is working.

Ah HA! Glad you figured that bit out!

I'm assuming you're changing your settings in the Browser Configuration portion, but go into General Options and make sure your default is set up the same way.

Cheers,
    Roger

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Good deal,slept in this morning and it was nice to wake up and see it all worked out. Now you know why we mentioned patience so often. Really glad you got it going and hopefully you will find a fix for it switching back all the time.

PIN/ID
    2157E9CE
    Yes that is my next feat to get it to stay as Internet Browser as I have hidden the Vodafone Live browser I cant understand why it keeps reverting back.

Anyway guys, again thanks so much for all your help.

Now to find another problem looking a solution..!!!

PIN/ID
    2157E9CE
    Ah HA! Glad you figured that bit out!

I'm assuming you're changing your settings in the Browser Configuration portion, but go into General Options and make sure your default is set up the same way.

Cheers,
    Roger
    Yes Roger, I am having to do that each time but unfortunately I dont realise it has done that until I have loaced the page and Vodafone UK appears at the bottom of the page on the screen whereas with IB you dont get anything. I am now also saving all my bookmarks into Blackberry manually just so that it does not automatically go to Vodafone Live. What a pain!

Have you gone into General Options within the browser to make sure your default is also set to Internet Browser and not Vodafone Live?

PIN/ID
    2157E9CE
    Have you gone into General Options within the browser to make sure your default is also set to Internet Browser and not Vodafone Live?
    Yes done that too but it is an intermittent thing. Sometimes it will be vodafone (for instance if I press the menu key whilst in the browser and select the Home option it take me back to the Vodafone UK home page instead of the Blackberry Home Page. Therefore I have to go into Bookmarks and select the Blackberry Home Page myself.

DCookSta no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    312C4157
    Just catching up on this thread. Have you made the browser changes in Options>advanced options>browser?

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast