Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Originally Posted by RoGro Congrats on the successful upgrade! Go to Options>Advanced Options>TCP and look ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by RoGro View Post
    Congrats on the successful upgrade!

Go to Options>Advanced Options>TCP and look at your settings there compared to what you find here when you enter your country and carrier information.
    Lol see told ya...

Sherobin no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2157E9CE
    I have gone where you asked me to go and it was empty. I filled in internet, web and web for the first three options on the screen but there were no more options to fill in.

Something I have noticed since the upgrade. I seem to keep getting the egg timer now. Every icon I click on I get the egg timer and have to wait ages for it to go. Can that be sorted in any way? I also seem to have lost my preloaded pictures which unforrtunately I used one of them as my desktop picture. Can I get these back also?
    BB Forever - One Love (Sher)

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Did you fill in what the web site told you to fill in? Are you able to watch videos now?

I think the egg time phenomenon happens on each initial launch of an application after an upgrade. That should diminish after awhile.

As for your pictures, I think enough people complained about the space they were taking up on the device that they removed them from the application package. I didn't mind losing them so have not had cause to go back in and see if you can restore them somehow. Someone else have any advice here?

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    I never used preloaded pictures either but just checked mine and there are none so roger is correct again. As far as the egg timer you might try a battery pull and check your memory if it doesn't clear up.

PIN/ID
    2157E9CE
    Well we are definitely getting closer. I managed to get the media player to say loading... and then I get a big red box saying "error" where the loading was and then a message pops up saying "An error has occurred attempting to play media"

PIN/ID
    2157E9CE
    Quote Originally Posted by moderncowboy View Post
    I never used preloaded pictures either but just checked mine and there are none so roger is correct again. As far as the egg timer you might try a battery pull and check your memory if it doesn't clear up.
    Thanks Randy. I will try the battery pull like you suggested but my memory is great as I dont have anything running in the background and i have 3666912 Bytes file free on the phone.

You might have to play with your browser settings, then. Go in and clear your cache, etc, then maybe change the settings. Change the Browser to Internet Browser and the emulation mode to BlackBerry. I personally don't use YouTube much, so won't be of too much help here.

Quote Originally Posted by Sherobin View Post
    Thanks Randy. I will try the battery pull like you suggested but my memory is great as I dont have anything running in the background and i have 3666912 Bytes file free on the phone.
    3mb isn't too good. You sure that's the correct number?

PIN/ID
    2157E9CE
    3mb isn't too good. You sure that's the correct number?
    I just did a battery pull which took forever for the phone to start up again otherwise I would have responded quicker. Just checked my status again and I now have 13957244 Bytes file free.

With reference to the other options you asked me try in connection to the configuration. It is set to Internet Browser and the emulation is Blackberry, so all I did was cleared the cache.

I tried again with the media player but it is still saying the same error message.

I must say though that since the battery pull browsing is so much quicker with this new upgrade. What else can I expect from the new upgrade.

Also, I wonder if my problem stems from the fact that the desktop manager I selected to download was 4.5 (without media manager). Do you think maybe I shold have downloaded 4.5 (with media manager)???? If so should I start again by downloading this version and see if it works:? Sorry for keeping you guys up so late. Its now 01:54 here but I would just like to get this done before I go to bed.

If you did a backup prior to the OS upgrade, you might be able to restore your picture from that backup.

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by Sherobin View Post
    I just did a battery pull which took forever for the phone to start up again otherwise I would have responded quicker. Just checked my status again and I now have 13957244 Bytes file free.

With reference to the other options you asked me try in connection to the configuration. It is set to Internet Browser and the emulation is Blackberry, so all I did was cleared the cache.

I tried again with the media player but it is still saying the same error message.

I must say though that since the battery pull browsing is so much quicker with this new upgrade. What else can I expect from the new upgrade.

Also, I wonder if my problem stems from the fact that the desktop manager I selected to download was 4.5 (without media manager). Do you think maybe I should have downloaded 4.5 (with media manager)???? If so should I start again by downloading this version and see if it works:? Sorry for keeping you guys up so late. Its now 01:54 here but I would just like to get this done before I go to bed.
    Heck ma'am its early here lol. Media Manager doesn't play any role as far as your BB is concerned unless you want to transfer pictures and music from phone to pc and vis versa. You should now have html email when you check email. If you have old email it wont show up but once you start receiving new ones it will give you the option to view as html. Most other things are minor fixes from previous OS's. So not much to notice.

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    If you did a backup prior to the OS upgrade, you might be able to restore your picture from that backup.
    Probably not didnt readd mine but thats an easy fix just search google for cool pics and there you go.

PIN/ID
    2157E9CE
    Quote Originally Posted by moderncowboy View Post
    Heck ma'am its early here lol. Media Manager doesn't play any role as far as your BB is concerned unless you want to transfer pictures and music from phone to pc and vis versa. You should now have html email when you check email. If you have old email it wont show up but once you start receiving new ones it will give you the option to view as html. Most other things are minor fixes from previous OS's. So not much to notice.
    Well thanks. I am already loving this new upgrade but my only problem is the utube vids. This was my main reason for upgrading as my long train journey to work I thought maybe if I had utube I could watch some to pass the time away. Surely there must be something I can do to get the vids to play, I just feel like I am so close. You guys have been absolutely wonderful. To be honest I dont think I would have even attempted this upgrade without your constant help along the way. But all I need now is my You Tube and then I can finally go to bed with a happy smile on my face..

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Maybe someone with the 8110 can jump in with some advice but on the youtube thing I am stumped since I have no issues on my 8330 with it.

PIN/ID
    2157E9CE
    ok well thanks very much for both of your help. I am actually falling asleep now and have to go to work in the morning. Tomorrow is always another day. I have waited a month and I am sure I can wait another.

I will tell you something though, I wrote a problem page about ebuddy not working on my phone, but that is now working lol with this upgrade. So hopefully the same thing will happen with the you tube thing.

Anyway thanks again guys you have definitely helped a damsel in distress and I am just so happy.

Nite x

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast