Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

It comes up with a box saying "Error backing up databases" Its does that when ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Sherobin no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2157E9CE

Advertisement

It comes up with a box saying "Error backing up databases"

Its does that when it is trying to transfer "Messages".

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Okay, do you mind if you lose the messages on your device? One of them is preventing you from getting a successful backup.

PIN/ID
    2157E9CE
    ok I have just deleted all my messages in my emails and text messages. I have not deleted saved messages but I will give it another go. I think I am going to be up very late tonight. Should have attempted this yesterday.

Thanks for the continued help and will post back shortly if it goes through so you are not left hanging on my thread. Thanks guys for the help.. I am getting rather excited..

Ok had to go back and delete all messages even saved ones. But back up done now. Now I am going to update. Keep fingers crossed for me... lol
    Last edited by Sherobin; 10-26-2008 at 08:33 PM.

You already sound like a pro, Sher! Keep us posted!

PIN/ID
    2157E9CE
    Okay its in the process of doing it but my phone looks as though it has turned itself off. I dont want to start pressing buttons but I noticed that m pc said "hardware found" "your device is now ready to use". I hope i have not made a mistake already.

Ignore me, it has just turned back on again. Gosh I am panicking so much. Please tell me that my media player will still be there as I took out my SD card before I started but I noticed I downloaded the desktop software that said said "without media".

Can you please tell me what that means and what I have to do? Does that mean that I have to go through Email set-up and re-input my email addresses?
    Last edited by Sherobin; 10-26-2008 at 08:50 PM.

Nope, you're okay. Just be patient and let it do its thang!

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    as Roger said patience is the biggest thing sounds likeall is going well except your nerves.

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by Sherobin View Post

Can you please tell me what that means and what I have to do? Does that mean that I have to go through Email set-up and re-input my email addresses?
    After your done you might have to reregister your BB and resend service books its very simple and nothing to worryabout and I'm no pro like Roger but I believe thats all it means.

Yep, Randy is correct! You're in good hands, Sher! Sounds like it's all going perfectly.

PIN/ID
    2157E9CE
    Ok thanks for the response Randy. My greatest fault is lack of patience and nerves as you have probably guessed already. The two dont bode well together.. lol

Anyway I have left the thing running whilst I surf the internet otherwise I will just keep looking as it is at the stage where it is "connecting to device". This is my first upgrade and if the nerves can hang in there I may attempt another one day.

My hubbie seems interested but I dont think I will have the nerves to do his as he is on a different carrier to me and it took me ages to find mine after going round in circles for days double checking this and that yet at the same time getting impatient and frustrated. I am awful...
    BB Forever - One Love (Sher)

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Ok thanks for the response Randy. My greatest fault is lack of patience and nerves as you have probably guessed already. The two dont bode well together.. lol

Anyway I have left the thing running whilst I surf the internet otherwise I will just keep looking as it is at the stage where it is "connecting to device". This is my first upgrade and if the nerves can hang in there I may attempt another one day.

My hubbie seems interested but I dont think I will have the nerves to do his as he is on a different carrier to me and it took me ages to find mine after going round in circles for days double checking this and that yet at the same time getting impatient and frustrated. I am awful...
    Who is his Carrier. The wait for the BB to reboot is the longest exspecially your first time. If you want to do your hubbies we are here and will help all we can.

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    This might make finding the OS a little easier for you next time . http://na.blackberry.com/eng/support...load_sites.jsp

PIN/ID
    2157E9CE
    OK I have installed the new software and sent service books and everything is fine.

I have one question however, I went on to You Tube (this was the reason for my upgrading software) and I clicked on a video, the media player came up (would not even get this far on previous software) but it does not play. Where have I gone wrong and can I do something to make the video play?
    BB Forever - One Love (Sher)

Congrats on the successful upgrade!

Go to Options>Advanced Options>TCP and look at your settings there compared to what you find here when you enter your country and carrier information.

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    OK I have installed the new software and sent service books and everything is fine.

I have one question however, I went on to You Tube (this was the reason for my upgrading software) and I clicked on a video, the media player came up (would not even get this far on previous software) but it does not play. Where have I gone wrong and can I do something to make the video play?
    On this I am not sure hopefully Roger has the solution for you. Glad the rest went smooth for you.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast