does anyone know if the updated pearls have an upgraded keypad? i have heard they ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

bkirk521 no está en línea Stack level 1

updated pearl 8120 or 8110

Advertisement

does anyone know if the updated pearls have an upgraded keypad? i have heard they do but just checking since y carrier AT&T doesn't have it yet. although, i did hear from a rep there that they should have had it out already and may be releasing it soon.

thanks,

cwax no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    32DEF7BB

Re: updated pearl 8120 or 8110

From what I've heard AT&T won't have the 8120 out til beginning of next year

bkirk521 no está en línea Stack level 1

I actually just got another bit of info that it will probably be the 8110 and as you said, will be early 2008. i must say, i'm slightly pissed but what do they care. i'll be waiting.

Justyn no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    n/a

It's not the Carrier its RIM that decides on models. For example, the new Curve as we know it is Wi-Fi capable and has a built - in GPS receiver. AT&T only [currently] provides Wi-Fi on laptop connect cards. They do have Telenav maps though, so AT&T's Curve, the 8310, comes with a built in GPS but no Wi-Fi. T Mobile is busting out Wi-Fi Technology left and right, so their 8320 has Wi-Fi capabilities but no GPS. Sucks, yes. Same thing with AT&T's "Push To Talk", and why this function isn't available on T-Mobile's devices.

This is why it's better to get your Carrier's device instead of an unlocked one. If you take an unlocked 8310 to T-Mobile, you're still SOL on Wi-Fi.

So I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if RIM decides to do a 8110 for AT&T and Rogers. But they design them based on the Company's services, it's not the Company that says they don't want it.
    It's not an iPhone addiction, it's insomnia!

jagjitg no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    20500AC1

Guys, i have just upgraded to a Blackberry Pearl 8120 & Upgraded my desktop manager to version 4.3 onto my pc that is running Windows Vista. If i connect the 8120 via the usb cable, Vista recognises the media card as a mass storage device & assigns it a drive letter.
    However, if i try and use Desktop manager, this software does not recognise the usb connection, also when i plug the device in, Windows starts to search for a driver, which it then fails to find.
    This is really frustrating, as i don't know whether its a Windows Vista issue or as Blackbery Desktop version 4.3 issue.

Would anyone be able to advise me ?

Otherwise, teh 8120 is a fabulous device for me, the wifi really helps when at home & i cannot get to a pc. - Your help will be appreciated.

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...ger_vista.html

you can check out that thread and see if it helps