Just upgraded to the Rogers OS. It has always shown that I use T-Mobile network. ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

tecrishon no está en línea Device Expert
    PIN/ID
    Retired

Updated OS, Now Not Showing TMO Network?

Advertisement

Just upgraded to the Rogers OS. It has always shown that I use T-Mobile network. However, after the update, T-Mobile has not shown up as my current network I'm using - it is another local network here (NPI Wireless). I tried to Manually select the network (under Options > Mobile Network), but now only the NPI Wireless and AT&T show up (no T-Mobile).

What's the deal? I mean, its not a huge deal, since there is no roaming, and my EDGE is still working, but why the change now?

ALSO...when updating, I chose to remove the OZ Instant Messenger, because I use JiveTalk and figure I could use the extra memory. Now everytime I turn off the phone (or do a battery pull), it comes up with an option to Install the OZ Instant Messenger. I keep saying no. Is it going to do this forever now? (cause that will be annoying). Anyway to stop it from doing it?

Thanks in advance for the help!

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Re: Updated OS, Now Not Showing TMO Network?

Quote Originally Posted by tecrishon
    Just upgraded to the Rogers OS. It has always shown that I use T-Mobile network. However, after the update, T-Mobile has not shown up as my current network I'm using - it is another local network here (NPI Wireless). I tried to Manually select the network (under Options > Mobile Network), but now only the NPI Wireless and AT&T show up (no T-Mobile).

What's the deal? I mean, its not a huge deal, since there is no roaming, and my EDGE is still working, but why the change now?

ALSO...when updating, I chose to remove the OZ Instant Messenger, because I use JiveTalk and figure I could use the extra memory. Now everytime I turn off the phone (or do a battery pull), it comes up with an option to Install the OZ Instant Messenger. I keep saying no. Is it going to do this forever now? (cause that will be annoying). Anyway to stop it from doing it?

Thanks in advance for the help!
    Not sure about your network problem...about the OZ IM just go into service books and delete the one with the IM OZ something or another. You should be able to tell. I can't remember off hand. That will get rid of the download popping up. And if you do delete the wrong one don't worry you can always resend the service books.

PIN/ID
    Retired

Could it be "T-Mobile USA IM Client Application"?

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Yea that's the one!

PIN/ID
    Retired

Great. Thanks.

Anyone else on my network problem? Do I just ignore it and live with it? This happen to anyone else?

PIN/ID
    Retired

so no one has seen this or have suggestions? it might just be me, but it seems like i have worst service now.

wxboss no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    21DA38F3

How is T-Mobile coverage where you are - were you getting a strong signal prior to the update?
    Have you tried re-registering with the network: Options > Advanced Options > Host Routing Table > hit the BB key and select 'Register'.

I assume under Options > Network, your settings are set to Automatic and therefore you couldn't get Tmo service?

Update: I had a little hiccup when I first updated. Everything went fine, but I lost my BB connection (browser dissappeared etc.). I re-registered and logged in and sent my service books for good measuer, and everything has been fine since.
    Last edited by wxboss; 05-28-2007 at 09:56 AM.

PIN/ID
    Retired

Quote Originally Posted by wxboss
    How is T-Mobile coverage where you are - were you getting a strong signal prior to the update?
    Have you tried re-registering with the network: Options > Advanced Options > Host Routing Table > hit the BB key and select 'Register'.

I assume under Options > Network, your settings are set to Automatic and therefore you couldn't get Tmo service?

Update: I had a little hiccup when I first updated. Everything went fine, but I lost my BB connection (browser dissappeared etc.). I re-registered and logged in and sent my service books for good measuer, and everything has been fine since.
    Yes, I had god T-Mobile coverage before the update. After the update, I had gotten a message from BB that said I was registered on the network, but I tried registering under Host Routing Table again.

There is 20 different "T-Mobile USA [########]" under HRT Editor. One is bold. I tried anyway, and it just resent me a message again, but is still not on T-Mobile service.

And yes, I am under Automatic. I tried to do it under Manual, but T-Mobile wouldn't even come up there either. Just this NPI Wireless and AT&T (and if I choose AT&T, I get a message saying that I can only make emergency calls only).

This is just kind of odd. I only have 1, maybe 2 bars now, and I have dropped at least 4 calls since.

Thanks for the response.

glehman85 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Where are you located? I'm on my way home right now from a trip and NPI was just one of the carriers I was on. I'm back to tmo now but I have the same os as you.

Dropped calls are a known issue with the Rogers update

PIN/ID
    Retired

Quote Originally Posted by glehman85
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Where are you located? I'm on my way home right now from a trip and NPI was just one of the carriers I was on. I'm back to tmo now but I have the same os as you.

Dropped calls are a known issue with the Rogers update

I was in Mid-Michigan for the weekend. It was NPI until I got about an hour north of Detroit. I'm having the same problems as you with the call problems. I posted in the other thread -- eagerly awaiting the results of you wiping and reloading.

glehman85 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID

where in mid-michigan? im about a half hour north of detroit. and yes when i was driving up mid-michigan i was on NPI and indigo wireless.

just downloading the software, give me 40 min

jlancaster00 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24b26f82

I have no TMO service in the basment at work. If I jump on the Cingular network can I use the phone for data and text andn ot be charged extra? Or if I make a call will it charge me extra?