This morning I worked up the nerve and had a look under the hood. I ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

DemoCat827 no está en línea Stack level 2

Thumbs up Update on trackball problem - reddog, your cleaning instructions ROCK!!

Advertisement

This morning I worked up the nerve and had a look under the hood. I didn't disassemble the trackball assembly; just went over it with alcohol and a Q-tip (taking care not to leave any Q-tip strands behind) and blew canned air into the assembly seating. After a spot of difficulty getting the trackball retaining clip back on, I sealed it back up. The trackball now works like a CHARM. I'm thrilled! I didn't see any obvious dirt or lint, but something must have been in there, because it works perfectly now.

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!!

magellan0547 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    242E7D27

Re: Update on trackball problem - reddog, your cleaning instructions ROCK!!

indeed...good job following the steps...just goes to show you that you can clean your trackball without bricking your phone if you have patients and follow instructions carefully..make sure you give reddogg a bump in trust level democat if you really like his how-to

mcm180 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    mcm180

Re: Update on trackball problem - reddog, your cleaning instructions ROCK!!

Lol. Patients- lol

Anyway.... I have little patience- (workng on it) -which explains how I broke my last Pearl .... Hehehe cleaning my trackball.

Got new one - for nothing cuz can't wait to get the new Pearl2 in a few months

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~