Hi all, I ask for your help with an update of BB-8100. I tried everything ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

mihai451 no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Update problems

Advertisement

Hi all,

I ask for your help with an update of BB-8100. I tried everything and it seems I cannot update my phone to a version higher than 4.2.1.101 (Platform 2.3.0.80) that was preinstalled on my phone.

I downloaded from vodaphone version 4[1].5.0 (Pl 2.7.0.68) of the dev. soft., I performed a clean uninstall of my previous 4.2 Desktop Software just as it is described on this forum, I reinstalled v. 4.7 (also tried 4.6) DS and installed afterwards the vodaphone device software. Removed (also tried with) the vendor.xml no success.

When I plug my BB (while DS is running) it recognizes it but no update posibility.
    Moreover, App Loader doesn't show any applications installed on my BB. I seems like I have nothing installed on it.

I installed some themes OK, however, only those show up.

What to do, what to do, please help.

Cheers, Mihai

Safiy no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    304d0ac5
    Here's the latest os for 8100. http://forums.pinstack.com/showthrea...st+os+for+8100 . Just delete the vendor.xml if its for a diffrent carriers. There's also more detailed instruction in the link.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

PIN/ID
    304d0ac5
    You could also install your specific carriers 4.5 os so you won't have to delete the vendor.xml, or config the .alx files or java folder.

Thanks Safiy, I forgot to mention that I've bought the phone without a subscription and I use it with a prepay card. Thus I cannot access I-net to have an online update.

You also mention to config the .alx files or the java folder. Do you know a thread where these are explained in more detail?

I will try again what you just told me, however, I feel it won;t work this time too.

Keep you posted.

Thanx

Hi
    it worked after just deleting the vendor.xml
    I don;t understand how but it worked after doing the same thing for the hundredth time.
    thanx a lot
    cheers

PIN/ID
    304d0ac5
    Ok sometimes you might not want a certain theme installed you can remove the corresponding .cod file from the java folder and run DM it will remove the theme from your phone. If you want themes that are for other carriers you can edit the blackberry.alx file to allow you to install said themes. I'll post the link in a sec with instructions
    Last edited by Safiy; 02-23-2009 at 05:20 PM.

PIN/ID
    304d0ac5
    You can also remove a few other unwanted things too. Ok I can't seem to find the link. I'll keep searching.