So I went to BestBuy to get the adapter that would allow me to use ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

sanfrancisco no está en línea Stacker

Update on Headphones and Adapter

Advertisement

So I went to BestBuy to get the adapter that would allow me to use my headphones to play MP3's and videos.

They were out

But they did have a Jabra headset/earphones combo for $30. Plus it comes with extra ear gels and an adapter so you can use the phones with a 3.5 mm device [Ipod, MP3 player].

Also has a push to answer button on the mic.

The earphones work fine [not super, but these are only $30] and when I called someone they said the call was very clear. An added benefit is that I could hear the person clearly because the sound was coming into both ears.

I have to think these are equivalent as those RIM will be selling for $30.
    Plus these are made by Jabra, a quality name.
    Attached Images Attached Images

flash24 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3319688f

Re: Update on Headphones and Adapter

it's not that bad for $30.. i mean I gess if you really want something that will blow you away, then I think u need to spend more than $30

Quote Originally Posted by flash24
    it's not that bad for $30.. i mean I guess if you really want something that will blow you away, then I think u need to spend more than $30
    That's true, but I was desperate to get some kind of stereo sound out of the MP3.

The adapter I ordered is back ordered until this week, so hence I got this. I'll have to wait to try this out with my high end headphones of which I have about 10 pairs.

And actually, on making a phone call with it, I really like getting sound in both ears as opposed to just one.

I am debating getting a few more of these simply to have the dual ear call capability, it's that nice, especially on the noisy streets of San Francisco, where I live.

desjr7359 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23DECE1A

I picked up the Jabra Headphones with the molded ear peices (30 dollars also through Cingular), and I'm very pleased with them, and I used one of the extra molded ear pieces for the single one that came with the Pearl (since I tend to prefer one ear over the other, and with molded ear piece it tends to stay put better). I didn't, however, get an adapter with mine, wish that it had been an option.

TexRob no está en línea Stack level 2

Buy.com sells these for $20 by the way if one was so inclined. I ordered them + a 1gb micro sd for $30 and $20 respectively (that's with a $10 off discount of the micro sd card by using google pay).

Quote Originally Posted by TexRob
    Buy.com sells these for $20 by the way if one was so inclined. I ordered them + a 1gb micro sd for $30 and $20 respectively (that's with a $10 off discount of the micro sd card by using google pay).
    Yeah, this purchase from Best Buy was very, very rare for me. I can say that I have not been in a Best Buy in 3 years.

And I can count on one half of one hand the number of times I have even been in electronics stores in the past 8 years.

I buy everything online, eBay, Amazon, etc. Even have used Buy.com

But I have been waiting for two weeks to get some stereo sound out of my Pearl and I am sure most of you know that in the world of electronics that that is a lifetime.

If I buy more of these, I'll be going to eBay usually [where I have 1744 positive feedbacks, so that tells you how much I buy there ].

ericugs no está en línea Stack level 3

are these the same as the BlackBerry 8100 Stereo Headset available on shopblackberry, anyone know?

Quote Originally Posted by ericugs
    are these the same as the BlackBerry 8100 Stereo Headset available on shopblackberry, anyone know?
    No, I only speculated that given the price I paid for the Jabra that they have to be about the same in quality and performance as the item RIM will be selling.

I don't know if others are selling the Jabra headset under some other name.

You may want to e-mail ShopBlackberry and ask them, if that matters to you.

I have used Jabra products from time to time. I find their stuff to be of high quality and performance. After all, cell phone items are their specialty. And I suspect that other manufacturers attempt to emulate their products [or otherwise use Jabra as a benchmark to meet].

http://www.jabra.com/JabraCMS/NA/EN/MainMenu/Products/

http://shopblackberry.com/_blackberr...tegory=Headset
    Last edited by sanfrancisco; 10-09-2006 at 03:39 PM.

MagicFeather no está en línea Stack level 2

I have the plantronics version of your Jabra headset and it works great, too.

j llama no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    4U2ASKME

I bought an adapter @ radio shack so I can plug in my stereo headphones. They are normal headphnones no voice. I'm very happy with the $5 I spent except for two things. I have to delicatley find the right spot for my headphnes jack. If not in correctley I only get music in one ear or the other. Also if I adjust the volume on the built in control on the headphones, my voice dialing prompt comes up. Easy fix by issing a diff set of headphn. If I could only turn off the voice dialing somehow... ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~