I received my Seidio 2.5mm to 3.5mm adapter in the mail today. Summary: an excellent ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

sanfrancisco no está en línea Stacker

Update On Headphone Earphone Adapter

Advertisement

I received my Seidio 2.5mm to 3.5mm adapter in the mail today. Summary: an excellent item.

I hooked it up to the Pearl and then inserted three different sets of high end headphones that have 3.5mm plugs. All worked perfect. In fact, I am amazed at the sound the 8100 puts out.

I also had someone call me while I had the headphones on and playing music. When the call came in I pressed the Seidio's push to answer button and I successfully answered the phone.

I also could talk via the built-in microphone. An odd thing is that the music playing did NOT completely cut out. Both the caller and myself could hear the muffled music playing in the background.

I do not know if that is a bug or if it was because I play my music full blast on the Pearl. For now it does not bother me since I wanted the adapter mainly to use with my headphones.

I also hooked up a cable with male plugs at both ends. Then hooked up the Pearl to some 300 watt powered speakers. Played to where I shook the windows [sub-woofer bass ].

Final test I hooked up the male/male cable to my car's MP3 player port. Pearl played fine in the car too [no surprise since the Pearl had played with the powered speakers, which were HUGE Monsoons, a great speaker system no longer made].

So all and all a fine purchase. So good I ordered another one so I can give it to a friend for her Pearl.

Last edited by sanfrancisco; 10-12-2006 at 10:20 PM.

EvolutionCSR no está en línea Stack level 5

Re: Update On Headphone Earphone Adapter

Sounds good, except the fact that a caller can hear your music a little weird...gonna order some myself

I7oobie no está en línea Device Pro

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I wonder if Nate will stop by here. I think he picked up some headphones for the Chocolate... I want to know if he has the same problem of the music playing in the background...

X Factor no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    204AEE68

I have this adapter as well and completely agree with the original poster. If you intend to listen to your Pearl as an mp3 player and want to use your high quality headphones, this is the way to go.

I have 2 pairs of Skullcandy headphones and they both work amazing with this adapter, the buds from skullcandy and the skull crushers. Both amazing headphones also, in case anyone is in the market for nice buds/bass pumping headphones.

Plus, a 15ish dollar adapter to be able to use your already owned 60+ dollar headphones is probably a lot cheaper and much more economic than buying a new set of headphones with a 2.5mm jack.

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

And here I am...

Yes, I went to Verizon and picked up the headphones that the Chocolate uses, no issues out of it at all.

Great at phone calls, music, video etc.

I am not going to doublepost what I wrote over on the 8100 accessories page, but it does everything its supposed to.

jongann no está en línea Stack level 1

i cant find this adapter online: what is the part number or the URL?

Quote Originally Posted by jongann
    i cant find this adapter online: what is the part number or the URL?
    http://www.seidioonline.com/index.as...ROD&ProdID=517

dwc
    dwc no está en línea Stack level 2

Seido was offering a discount. What happened to that thread? What's the discount code?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dwc
    Seido was offering a discount. What happened to that thread? What's the discount code?

Thanks

Search the threads with "seido" and shouuld turn up.

On the music still playing in the background when a call comes in, here is what a Seidio rep said. Apparently this is another bug with the Pearl. People using other 3.5 to 2.5mm adapters having this problem?

Anyway, I am not too sure how to read what the below is saying. But here it is, exactly the way it was posted.

Here's some info:

On music with incoming call: (Due to a blackberry software issue, the following may happen)

- Music pause --> phone ring --> [Click] --> Music resume / Phone answered

** A work around way is: after answering the call, [Click] 2 more times, then the music will be paused and the phone will be on. <---- There is no work around way to separate the music and the phone conversation. The only way is to wait unti the music stops or do it manually on the phone.

- [Hold] = hang up and Music will resume.

That's what we found here - the problem is with the Blackberry firmware and I believe they are addressing and should have a fix sometime in the future.

seidioseidio no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by dwc

Thanks
    ADA3BB8100

laz
    laz no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    244701B4

Quote Originally Posted by sanfrancisco
    On the music still playing in the background when a call comes in, here is what a Seidio rep said. Apparently this is another bug with the Pearl. People using other 3.5 to 2.5mm adapters having this problem?

Anyway, I am not too sure how to read what the below is saying. But here it is, exactly the way it was posted.

Here's some info:

On music with incoming call: (Due to a blackberry software issue, the following may happen)

- Music pause --> phone ring --> [Click] --> Music resume / Phone answered

** A work around way is: after answering the call, [Click] 2 more times, then the music will be paused and the phone will be on. <---- There is no work around way to separate the music and the phone conversation. The only way is to wait unti the music stops or do it manually on the phone.

- [Hold] = hang up and Music will resume.

That's what we found here - the problem is with the Blackberry firmware and I believe they are addressing and should have a fix sometime in the future.
    ok what I have to do is while listening to music, call comes in I hold down the button for 2sec(that resumes music when I let it go) then hit it once more to Pause Music/& Receive Call lol retarded dammit I wanna use my Sony Bluetooth Stereo Headset already