I cannot get rid of the e-mail indicator which currently shows 10 unread messages even ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

jandres374 no está en línea Stack level 1

Unread E-mail Indicator

Advertisement

I cannot get rid of the e-mail indicator which currently shows 10 unread messages even though there is nothing in the inbox.

I am on Lotus Notes through my employer. My old 7100 never had this problems.

Any ideas why this would show upd as unread messages.

mrdeeno no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: Unread E-mail Indicator

try removing the battery and putting it back.

my 7130c had the same problem and removing the battery to "reset" it did the trick, but that was with hotmail mails.

jandres374 no está en línea Stack level 1

Thanks for the response. I have tried that a couple of times but it is still happening.

It appears that whenever I send an e-mail from my desktop it is then showing up as an unread e-mail on my blackberry, even after I delete it.

Frustrating.

mrdeeno no está en línea Stack level 3

i'm assuming you are on BES. Maybe it is a problem on that end?

do you have "Hide Sent Messages" set to on? Maybe it's seeing the messages taht you send as "unread" and counting it.

johnaero no está en línea Stack level 1
    this is my first blackberry, and i'm having the same issues. i'm using lotus notes through my employer as well.

everytime i send a email from my desktop, my pearl will show it as a new, unread email. i've looked through all the folders (on both notes and my blackberry), and there doesn't seem to be any unread messages. i can delete the message from my sent folder, and it still shows an unread message.

anyone find a way around this? any help is appreciated. i tried the hard reset suggested earlier and that didn't change anything.

mxp1l0t no está en línea Stack level 1
    I am on Lotus Notes with a BES server also. I have my 8100 configured to save sent emails but my emails show as read (with the check mark icon). I have just recently set the email option to hide sent mail from the message box.

I know it's not much help but sometimes it's good to know that a configuration can work. By the way I'm using the Roger's code on the Roger's network.

rh3662 no está en línea Stack level 1
    I had the same problem on my 8700 yesterday. I found 5 unread in my Saved Messages folder. Press the V key from your inbox.

johnaero no está en línea Stack level 1

i just upgraded my pearl to the latest tmo os (4.2.0.64) and now the problem is gone. i can send e-mails from lotus notes on my PC and my pearl won't show a unread message anymore. not sure if the os update fixed this, or if some option was reset in the process. either way, the problem is gone.

if anyone else is running into this problem, give the os update a try (if you're on tmo that is).