Well i am really trying to get unlocked all the themes provided by other vendors. ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Jaspreet no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23E77069

Lightbulb Unlocking vendor themes is a fuss

Advertisement

Well i am really trying to get unlocked all the themes provided by other vendors. and i was succeed in what i want but i got only
    • Orange
    • O2 Today
    • O2 Zen
    • Vodafone Today
    • T-Mobile UK (the one with pink highlights)
    and i was heard that many of here got AT&T, verizon and Rogers unlocked but i not. someone game me the Blackberry.alx file (edited for T-Mobile US). when i try to update my BB it gives the file net.rim.blackberry.xml file not found. and someone member named FOUNDER said that i should edit whole line to look like <fileset Colour="True" Java="1.0" series="8100">. I did it and changed every line to look like that then again an error that browser is missing. secondly I don't have AT&T, Rogers fileset present in my blackberry.alx file (original one that i downloaded from T-mobile US 4.2.0.64). Plz help me what to do. Now i am updating my BB to Vodafone Ireland as T-mobile is not providing any update other than the Os i had already installed.

Founder no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: Unlocking vendor themes is a fuss

Oh, man...

First, you must be aware that I'm using 4.2.1.94. So something working for me is not necessary working for you with different version. However, on the SAME version same thing should and must work.
    Second, I hope that you did not changed ALL lines in Blackberry.alx to look like quoted line.
    Third, better find someone in your area and pay him/her a drink to unlock themes for you...
    Fourth, I think you're not missing anything with being unable to unlock those themes. If I'm not so lazy to find which files I can delete, I'd leave only BB Dimension themes... And there are so many so beautifull themes made by members of Pinstack.
    In space no one can hear you scream.

Samsung GT-I9505 Galaxy S IV (stock Jelly Bean 4.3)
    Samsung GT-I9505 Galaxy S IV (stock KitKat 4.4.2)
    Samsung GT-I9100 Galaxy S II (CM 10.2)

waldog no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    21C43423

I'm finding it troublesome too, and I'm pretty good with cell hacking. lol

Anyways, go to the BB site on you're mobile - mobile.blackberry.com - and download the Phantom theme. It's wicked, there's also a few others on there.

Haider no está en línea Stack level 3

If you can provide me with your email address, I will email an edited version of the blackberry.alx file with all the vendor themes unlocked. You can then replace your existing blackberry.alx file and when you run DM/App Loader again it should install all the themes on your Pearl. Unfotunately, I can't paste this file here otherwise I would put it on here for everyone to use. If anyone knows how to do so please let me know. Thanks.

PIN/ID
    21C43423

Quote Originally Posted by Haider
    If you can provide me with your email address, I will email an edited version of the blackberry.alx file with all the vendor themes unlocked. You can then replace your existing blackberry.alx file and when you run DM/App Loader again it should install all the themes on your Pearl. Unfotunately, I can't paste this file here otherwise I would put it on here for everyone to use. If anyone knows how to do so please let me know. Thanks.
    I sent you a pm. Thanks in advance. Also, will this work with any software version? What if your vendor is different from mine? I'm using a default t-mobile os.

mayt0pak no está en línea Stack level 2

Post #31 on this thread you'll find the edited Blackberry.alx. Just follow the instructions on this post.

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...4_2_1_a-2.html

Jaspreet no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23E77069

thanks brother for the help i am now downloading the new OS: 4.2.101...and lets see what it does...!!!! meet you after updating and and unlocking all the themes

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

I've never had an issue with unlocking themes. I've done it every upgrade without a flaw.

All I do is open up the alx file. Hit CTRL + F, Type AT&T, start editing.

<!-- AT&T US filesets -->
    <fileset Colour="True" Java="1.0" series="8100" _vendorID="100|102">
    <files>
    net_rim_theme_102a_icon_240x260_b.cod
    </files>
    </fileset>

All I do is just add the vendor code to the string, for each vendor that has a 240x260 theme available. I don't delete since it could lead to issues. Rather just add to it. Should only be like 10 different spots to input the code.

I dunno if this will help, but if you give a man a fish he eats for one day, if you teach him to fish he eats forever. (or something like that) hehe.

Good luck Jaspreet.

PIN/ID
    21C43423

Quote Originally Posted by reddog187
    All I do is open up the alx file. Hit CTRL + F, Type AT&T, start editing.

<!-- AT&T US filesets -->
    <fileset Colour="True" Java="1.0" series="8100" _vendorID="100|102">
    <files>
    net_rim_theme_102a_icon_240x260_b.cod
    </files>
    </fileset>

All I do is just add the vendor code to the string, for each vendor that has a 240x260 theme available. I don't delete since it could lead to issues. Rather just add to it. Should only be like 10 different spots to input the code.
    Thanks man. That helps me out a lot. I think I was changing more than that.