Hi all. I have the BB pearl under Orange in France. But they doesn't want ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Makomako no está en línea Stack level 1

unlocking the BB browser

Advertisement

Hi all. I have the BB pearl under Orange in France. But they doesn't want to give me the BB browser unless I pay their BB option at 9€ a month to get the BB browser and and the push mail option. Then I should pay 6€ a month to have acces to the internet.
    I only have the 6€ option to have internet and I installed operamini. It's working just fine but I can't install any software from the web, it always says "use the BB browser"... So here is my question :

Is it possible to unlock the BB browser without paying 9€ a month to have it?
    Else
    Is it possible to change the settings of the phone to have operamini as the default browser and have the same functions as the BB browser.

Thanks a lot

Matt

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Re: unlocking the BB browser

I'm not sure about your situation. Have you tried to download it to your PC and then use the Desktop Manager to install it? Although that may be blocked by Orange. Best of Luck to you!

Makomako no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: unlocking the BB browser

No, i didn't try it, I thought it was already on the phone but just locked.. Where can I download it?